Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BuddyP

Honda Annual Net Income Tumbles 77.2%

3 posts in this topic

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/i...income-tumbles/

TOKYO -- Honda Motor Co. on Tuesday posted a 77.2% drop in its fiscal year income, in part because of a stronger Japanese currency. Honda saw a net income of 137.0 billion yen ($1.4 billion) for the fiscal year ended in March 2009. Net sales reached 10.0 trillion yen. A year ago, the company earned income of 600.0 billion yen and sales of 12.0 trillion yen. In January, Honda cut its results forecasts for the fiscal year to net income of 80 billion yen, down from a forecast in December for income of 185 billion yen. Shares of Honda closed down 2.4% in Tokyo, ahead of the news.

Copyright © 2009 MarketWatch, Inc.

Honda is still in the black, reporting a profit for the fiscal year. Most other manufacturers, including Toyota (based on forecasts), are in the negative. It will be close, but Honda may remain profitable through this downturn, sidestepping what would have been their first fiscal year loss ever.

Honda is still in the black, reporting a profit for the fiscal year. Most other manufacturers, including Toyota (based on forecasts), are in the negative. It will be close, but Honda may remain profitable through this downturn, sidestepping what would have been their first fiscal year loss ever.

Yes lucky for them due to a very poor line up of Fuel efficient auto's and Tree hunging supporters that are happy with Plastic, gutless auto's.

Course not being an American Company and nothing they have fit me or my family. Average size of 6' plus tall I will never own a auto from them.