- - - - D A T S U N - - - -

So the other day while at a junkyard I notice a mid 70s Datsun pickup sitting there, sinking into the mud slowly but surely. And I noticed the old school obnoxious Datsun emblem was still attached to the frail plastic grille.

Well, I've been waiting to find a big Datsun emblem so I could replace the NISSAN badge on the grill of the Maxima so this was the day. Check out the results below.

Posted Image

Also, in another thread recently I said I'd post the pictures of the custom cut vinyl decals I affixed to the Datsun. Here they are... Clockwise from top left:

Just below the passanger side headlight, driver's side fender & trunklid.

Posted Image

Yes it's rice but just wait till I turbocharge this little tin can... I can already hear the blow off valve going Swoosh!

Vroooomm-SWHOOSH - tires chirping - repeat. :metal: :lol:

I used to work for a Vinyl shop. A franchise actaully called Sign*A*Rama. It was my first real job out of college and my only real job in my field. (Graphic Design)

You know me, cheap and a scavanger, I used to save any and all scraps that we were going to throw out. The light gray decals I6, Rice etc. are actaully reflective vinyl. Same exact stuff used on road signs and such. It's like $5 a square foot.

I still have some burgundy, black, white & silver vinyl left, any of those colors work for you? I'll make you custom Delta 442 emblems and send them along with your next package. (I found a couple Dealer Promo plates fianlly)

The ones on the Datsun are sloppy cause they were just for fun but here's some better looking and more clean ones I also cut out freehand using just a ruler and a mechanical pencil to sketch out the basic design and then cutting with a super fine exacto knife.

Posted Image

these are on the windshield header of the '68 Camaro BTW

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

All those colors sound awesome. The car is Dark Saphire Blue, so whatever you think looks best. I used to have some Hurst Olds magnetic ones I made attached to each door but some lowlife made off with both of them. :angry:

[post="45975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That sucks. WE've got a whole thread going today about theft.

How did the ads arrive, by the way?

They showed up in excellent condition. I only had time to send you that quick PM that day because I was driving off to PA/NJ the next morning on that crazy roadtrip. I love all the plates and esp. the Oldest Ford Dealer one. Crazy.

Don't worry I was not nervous about Ford germs, anyone who has owned a '67 Camaro has built up an immunity, same goes for 68s. :P

The paint on your Camaro looks like it's seen better days. Is that sun damage or spray paint?

BOTH. Lots of both. The paint on that car has see better days. There's seven coats of paint on the car including the original "Ash Gold" as per the firewall tag. The breakdown is as follows:

- Ash Gold

- Bright Red Mettalic

- Burgndy Metallic

- Cortez Silver

- Black

- Black (Macco did a pretty crappy job the first time it was redone)

- Blue wiht white (what you see now)

The blue paint was actually big mnoney back in the day. It's one of the first of the color-changing hues (from DuPont I think) Under a flashlight at night it still goes from Green to Violet depending on the angle. New it must have looked like a million bucks!

Those fine print sigs are starting to creep me out BV, are you dipping into controled substances? :P

Here you go! Whipped it up special for you. :)

Posted Image

Those fine print sigs are starting to creep me out BV, are you dipping into controled substances?

Well... do I realy have to answer that honestly? :D Nothing serious. :P

As for the blue Fiero sig... Awesome except that front fascia is in terrible shape. That and its huge... height-wise. Takes up a little more than 1/4 of my screen.

Anyways, I'm for my GA replacement for a new sig pic... If I get what I want, that is.

Yeah, I liked the action shot but the front was primer gray so I tinted it blue, let's just say it was less than effective.

An old school Sunoco sticker? YES SIR, thatnkyou mayIhaveanother!? I'd love it, why don;t you PM me wiht your mailing address and I'll mail you a pre paid envelope and and a few silly trinkets in return. :)