Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

Dioramas

8 posts in this topic

oops....don't know why I put this in GM Merchandise Lookout...should be Lounge

I remember doing dioramas as grade school projects, but I never really thought that people would do them as a hobby. These are very detailed, and I guess they would be considered a form of art. It reminds me of the elaborate miniature train track setups that some people do.

Dioramas are awsome!!!!

My favorite one ever was of a downed B17 in Northeren France. Based on a REAL event/plane/crew. I saw a photo of it in some modeling magazine in a barber shop as a kid... amazing intricacy. It was like a two acre 1:100 scale or whatever. Wicked cool!!!

random google find: :o A real downed Flying Fortress in the Pacific on some island...

Posted Image Edited by Sixty8panther

I never knew the hobby was so extensive....it's really got me interested...it looks like so much fun...creating little automotive worlds. It can't get much better than that.

Hmm, just found this thread... There's a Lee Auto Parts near me in Des Plaines, and one of the guys there sells die casts, mostly 1:64th, and he uses some of them to make little dioramas of dealer lots and showrooms, complete with tiny signs on the cars and whatnot. Very cool, he uses late model and classics on the same "lot". He's had a couple nice Pontiac lots, w/ new and old TA's, and classic GTO's and GPs. If I lived in more than 800sq. ft. I'd do something like that myself. :AH-HA_wink:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0