1999 Buick Riviera

With the prices of the new vehicles I want being very high, I've begun to consider buying a used car that I could take a short term loan on and pay-off within two or three years tops. In the meantime, I would try to save up some extra cash to use as a down-payment on a new vehicle (so figure a 2011 or 2012 model, if I could hold off that long). In my searching, both online and reading the Auto Shopper Magazine, I found a 1999 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe at a Philadelphia Chevy dealer that appears to be fully loaded (CD/Cass, sunroof, heated seats, chrome rims, White Diamond Tricoat w/ Taupe leather, etc) with only 63K on it. The Auto Shopper ad states $6,750 and their web site states $6,950 - but there are no pictures posted yet to show.

So my question is are these a good used car to consider? The other car I'm considering is a Park Avenue, say '99-'03. I know the benefits of the sedan over the coupe, but I've always admired the Riv's styling since it debuted for '95. Before I'd do anything about going out to see the car, I wanted some advise and opinions from posters here.

i'm pretty sure one post will be, that era G-body was the best they made as far as rigidity.

you should know that the engines are damn close to bullet proof (barly less so cause of the S/C)

the price sounds ....great, if the car is great condition

Is the supercharger a big concern for long-term reliability and dependability? I've switched gears from the '99 Riv to a '03 Park Avenue Ultra (see the other post I made about it for more details). The Ultra of course comes with the supercharger, and I did find 3 other regular Park Avenues that could fit the bill if you think I should stay away froma SC 3800 V6.