Maisto

Maisto does a better job with 1:18 scale diecast... It's horrible with 1:64 scale ones compared to Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning, and such. I'm hoping there will be a 1:18 scale version. Maisto generally does a superb job with those and I want one of a Solstice. Yatming makes one, but they're not as good as Maisto... by far. Anyways, my diecast days are reaching the beginning of the end. I haven't bought any in over a year and I don't really have the desire too anymore. I'm growing out it, although I try to get any Pontiac I find as they are rare around my area. I'm limited to WalMarts, Kmarts, etc. As a result, I only have three. Quite sad. :(

As a collector of Car models of every size and shape I have one HUGE gripe: Whenever they realease a 1:18 th scale model they jump the gun and do up the base/1st year/basic model. If they had waited until 2005 for the GTO it could have had the scoops... if they had held off on the C6 Vette they could have done the Z06 and instead of doing up the Mini Cooper they could have waited a fwe months and done the "Cooper S". There's a million differnt examples: PT-Cruiser, Mustang, 300C etc...

As a collector of Car models of every size and shape I have one HUGE gripe:

Whenever they realease a 1:18 th scale model they jump the gun and do up the base/1st year/basic model.

If they had waited until 2005 for the GTO it could have had the scoops... if they had held off on the C6 Vette they could have done the Z06 and instead of doing up the Mini Cooper they could have waited a fwe months and done the "Cooper S".

There's a million differnt examples: PT-Cruiser, Mustang, 300C etc...

[post="56103"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, some things are unpredictable. You can't expect Diecast makers to be able to see into the future. :P

That and waiting can lose potential sales. Releasing a model when a vehicle just debuted will most likely feed off the buzz the debut created moreso than one released a year or two after a debut where the buzz is basically burnt out. Collectors collect models based on significance while automotive enthusiasts, like you and I, collect based on personal taste. All of that probably has something to do with that... It's one of my major gripes as well.

I will also say that sometimes it's just nice to even have a diecast version of a vehicle. I mean... I would kill to have a diecast model of my GA. I really would... but it isn't going to happen. With most models... I have to think 'atleast it exists' and forget about the gripes. :D

Oh, who needs more Camaro, Corvette, and muscle car diecasts? Where is the 1/18th LeSabre Limited Celebration or Chevy Malibu or the 1/24th Contour-with-sagging-rear-shocks-because-it-can't-really-tow-that-U-Haul-trailer two-piece set?

[post="56131"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Among my hundereds of Muscle Cars, dozens of 1969 Camaro and several dozen 1950s Finned Beauties are some weird cars that I had to buy if only for entertainment value:

- Isetta

- Trabant (yes a 1:18th scale Trabant)

- Mini Cooper (1960s)

- Mazda Miata

- Sunbeam Tiger

- Alpine-Renaut

Just to mention a few other kooky ones.

Still have to pick up a Messerschmitt Kabinenroller and (if they make it) a Peel P50. :P

I just bought the same colored Solstice in 1/24th scale by Maisto. Looks 10x better than the 1/87th scale you have pictured there! An (ugly) yellow and the blue were available; I went with the dark blue because that's the color I'm ordering my SKY in! :P

So they've finally issued the Chevy Cheyenne concept pickup, huh? It's been a while now.. it's been mentioned on it's packaging since spring-time. I've seen a Maisto playset at K-mart that includes the Hummer H3T and the Cheyenne, but have been unable to locate either of them outside of that playset.

I have the yatMing Solstice... I think it's pretty nice looking. I think YatMing vehicles have gotten better over time. Some in the past I wouldn't have purchased because the lack of quality. The YM Solstice has opening hood, doors and trunk - yup, when the trunk is open you can even see the folded roof (molded in & nonfunctional, I think). Don't see kind of feature that with too many models. Plus at $9.98 (BJ's Wholesale Club), who's complain? (uh, those that paid $20+,, that's who!!!)

Please post some pics of the SS & Cheyenne whenever they become available :)