Sign in to follow this  
PurdueGuy

Buick Vue and Astra

4 posts in this topic

PurdueGuy    72

http://www.examiner.com/x-10697-SF-Autos-E...ress-conference

First up was a rebadged, slightly tweaked Saturn Vue.

Also on tap was the next generation Saturn Astra which will now be a Buick here in the States.

Note that it was not referred to as a next generation Opel Astra, but Saturn Astra. It may be a substantially different car than what Saturn had, but it's still going to get called a rebadge.

http://www.examiner.com/x-10697-SF-Autos-E...ress-conference

Note that it was not referred to as a next generation Opel Astra, but Saturn Astra. It may be a substantially different car than what Saturn had, but it's still going to get called a rebadge.

Well, Saturn would likely have had a next gen Astra had they continued as a GM brand. Referring to it as an Opel Astra would have confused Americans, most of whom have no idea what an Opel is.

Rob

rwcmick    0
Well, Saturn would likely have had a next gen Astra had they continued as a GM brand. Referring to it as an Opel Astra would have confused Americans, most of whom have no idea what an Opel is.

Rob

Thanks, that is exactly what I meant. Buick will essentially pickup where Saturn left off and get the next version of the Opel Astra. As pointed out, saying Opel Astra would likely likely lead to reader confusion. I attempted to infer this with "next generation Astra" tag but I can see how some people might not get appreciate it.

To be honest, I was busy asking my GM contacts about the event and why I heard about it on Twitter and not in a press e-mail, so I was distracted.

Thanks, that is exactly what I meant. Buick will essentially pickup where Saturn left off and get the next version of the Opel Astra. As pointed out, saying Opel Astra would likely likely lead to reader confusion. I attempted to infer this with "next generation Astra" tag but I can see how some people might not get appreciate it.

To be honest, I was busy asking my GM contacts about the event and why I heard about it on Twitter and not in a press e-mail, so I was distracted.

I wasn't confused at all ... :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this