Trans Fluid

I checked my trans fluid today in my 85 buick Riviera and it was 1 quart and a half low. Since I got it this is the second time I had to put in more fluid. The first time just a quart. The funny thing is there is no drips in my driveway or anything where is it going bout every time i change the oil now it is low at least a quart. Any ideas where it is going...

You Riviera most likely has a pressed in transmission oil cooler in the radiator of your car. You might not be able to see the leak at current but there is a chance that it is a pinhole leak in the pressed in unit and is burning off faster than it can accumulate. The tailshaft may also be leaking when you are running down the road and sling all of the oil off before you stop. When you shut the car off you no longer have any pressure... just some thoughts. If I were you, I would start by using a brown paper sack and rubbing all of the sealing surfaces checking for residue. If that turns up nothing, take the radiator into a radiator shop and have it looked at. In any case, you need to get the leak found. Transmission and torque converters do not 'burn' oil. If there is some missing, it was either low to start with or you have a leak. PS That last part reminds me... did you recently have the tranmission oil chaged? If so, there is a chance that you are just low and you are actually filling the torque converter and various other nooks and crannies in the tranny?!

Thanks alot for the information I'm wondering if what you said at the end might be my case because when I got the car a month or two ago I went through all the fluids of course because the car was sitting in a garage for 6-7 years unstarted so I changed the oil and anti freeze and added now that i think of it I had added 2 quarts because it didn't even read on the dipstick so i'm wondering if I am just filling up the rest of the transmission because after I added the two quarts I haven't checked it till now.