Drive South, Nov 09 + 2010 northeast + 2011

These are some of my upcoming road trips, in case anyone is interested in meeting up while I'm "on the road again". If so, please let me know!

** DRIVE SOUTH, NOVEMBER 2009 **

After enjoying Thanksgiving with family here, I will head south, Friday-Sunday, November 27-29.

FRI, 11/27/09

...travel IL to Big Sandy TN via IL RT 47 S, SR 24 E, I-57 S, I-24 E ... with possible detour to places along Route 66

...dinner, Big Sandy TN, with friends who used to live in Elgin

...travel Big Sandy TN to Jackson TN via SR 641 S, I-40 W

...overnight in Jackson TN, with Richard and Dotie

SAT, 11/28/09

...travel Jackson TN to Birmingham AL via I-40 E, I-65 S

...lunch, Birmingham AL, with Brandon and Samantha (also a visit to see their newborn!)

...travel Birmingham AL to Nashville TN via I-65 N

...overnight in Nashville TN, with Kevin, Lori and family

SUN, 11/29/09

...travel Nashville TN to home via I-24 W, I-57 N, IL RT 47 N ... with possible detour to places along Route 66

** 2010 ROAD TRIP **

I will head to the northeastern US, notably New York, Boston, etc. TENTATIVE plans are for the drive to be in August.... Details will follow early next year....

Wednesday, August 4 ... travel through Indiana and up to the Detroit MI area

Thursday, August 5 ... travel through Michigan to the Akron area of Ohio

Friday, August 6 ... travel through PA to Binghamton NY

Saturday, August 7 ... remain in Binghamton NY

Sunday, August 8 ... travel through NY to Boston

Monday, August 9 ... travel north of Boston

Tuesday, August 10 ... travel back south to NJ

Wednesday, August 11 ... travel through MD to northern VA

Thursday, August 12 ... travel to western VA

Friday, August 13 ... western VA

Saturday, August 14 ... travel to Pittsburgh/Johnstown PA area for family reunion

Sunday, August 15 ... drive home

** 2011 ROAD TRIP **

With going northeast in 2010, that leaves the northwest section of the continental US states to which I have yet to travel. So ... sometime in 2011 ... I will drive through Minnesota, the Dakotas and out west, maybe even Idaho, Washington and Oregon.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...radio show, Dec 09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Some are leaving town" ... David Nail ... 'Red Light'

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to meet up this weekend (November 27-29) while I'm in southern IL, Big Sandy/Jackson TN, Birmingham AL, or Nashville TN (plans and approximate times noted below), please call me. My cell ph# is:

847-

337-

I will be driving the SAME maroon 2009 Dodge Charger SXT that I rented for my Route 66 journey ~2 months ago!!!

Friday, 11/27/09

~4a to 4p ... travel IL to Big Sandy TN via IL RT 47 S, SR 24 E, I-57 S, I-24 E ... with possible detour to places along Route 66

~4p-6p ... dinner, Big Sandy TN, with friends who used to live in Elgin

~6p-8p ... travel Big Sandy TN to Jackson TN via SR 641 S, I-40 W

~8p ... overnight in Jackson TN, with Richard and Dotie

Saturday, 11/28/09

~8a-1p ... travel Jackson TN to Birmingham AL via I-40 E, I-65 S

~1p-3p ... lunch, Birmingham AL, with Brandon and Samantha (also a visit to see their newborn!)

~3p-6p ... travel Birmingham AL to Nashville TN via I-65 N

~6p-8:30p ... dinner, with friends in the area

~8:30p ... overnight in Nashville TN, with Kevin, Lori and family

Sunday, 11/29/09

~7a-5p ... travel Nashville TN to home via I-24 W, I-57 N, IL RT 47 N ... with possible detour to places along Route 66

CDshowcase | SATURDAYS | December 12 & 19 | 5p-10p.CENTRAL = www.WRMN1410.com

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm about to put the hammer down" ... CW McCall ... 'Convoy'

• 3 weeks later...

I had a WONDERFUL trip the weekend of Thanksgiving, driving through southern IL, middle TN, parts of MS (namely Tupelo), and Alabama (Birmingham). I even had time to stop at a few places along Route 66 in Dwight IL and Odell IL! Pics, etc., will be ready soon.

In the meantime ... a quick note about 2010 ... the trip, as of now, WILL be in August, as I've noted, unless the Binghamton event is a different weekend. So, if you want to meet up along the way, let me know....!

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

CDshowcase | Sat.Dec 19, 5p-10p.central | Thu.Dec 24, noon.central = www.WRMN1410.com

"I'll start running as fast as I can" ... Girls Next Door ... 'Slow Boat To China'