GMTruckGuy74

1992/1993 GMC Typhoon diecast (1/64)

6 posts in this topic

1992 GMC Typhoon (Red over Gray); to be released January, 2010 (check link)

1993 GMC Typhoon (Teal over Gray); to be released February, 2010:

53914DP_lg.jpg

LINK

And in case you missed the first offering:

1992 GMC Typhoon (White over Gray); released April, 2009:

53914A.jpg

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Cool...I have the white one. IIRC, JL made a Syclone about 10 years ago or so also.

The last JL '91 GMC Syclone, which was a revision of the '98-'01 issued 1991 Syclone, was offered in 2005 or 2006 and more accurately looked like the actual Syclone. I have been on the hunt for this version for a long time; I may just have to buckle down and buy it on eBay (I like searching for diecast at car & toy shows - so far, no luck with this one).

If anyone has access to actual Johnny Lightning collector lists (not the online ones) from 2005 and 2006, I'd like to know what the Trucks & SUVs R3 (Release 3) contained. On JL's website I found every release for that series but R3, which is the one I believe has the '91 GMC Syclone I mentioned above. For reference, the Trucks & SUVs R2 was in August 2005, and Trucks & SUVs R4 was in February 2006 - but I can't find in the online archives when R3 came out.

I ran across the red one today, but didnt pick it up. JL has downgraded their cars to a Hot Wheels like package but still charging over $2 for each.

I think I saw a white one somewhere here lately too.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead