Planning vacations....

It's frustrating that one's available time (namely vacation) will not support the hopes/plans for vacations and road trips. Given I hope to have a new job soon, my "vacation" time may be even more limited.... Even so, vacation is important ... to have fun, meet people, see friends/family & relax.

For whatever reason, I'm not as "organized" in getting plans together for 2006 as I have been the last couple years. Heck, I haven't even started gathering a list of the IL/IN/WI/IA/MI area car shows/events & non-car related gatherings/events I may attend.... However, I have some tentative plans, including (but hopefully not limited to)....

June 22-26

Nashville/Jackson TN

highlight = MC Nationals

July 14-17

MD/DE

highlight = Monte MadneSS

August 11-14

Indiana/Ohio/Michigan?/Pennsylvania

highlight = family reunion/PA

October 11-17

Iowa/Kansas/Oklahoma/Texas/Missouri

highlight = "mini" road trip

So, if you're in any of those areas ... and want to meet up along the way, please let me know! Or...if you'll be in the greater Northern Illinois area anytime, it'd be great to have you stop'n'visit....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

"The life I love is making music with my friends" ... Willie Nelson ... 'On The Road Again'

mrmonte,

Well, it had been "closed" ... but, now, it is back on. Check out the MonteMadness forum....

*rolls eyes*

Some have suggested it was a "stunt" to say they weren't having it ... and then turn around and DO have it.... I don't know....

Satty,

I could stop by your area either on my way to TX or on the way back home. Haven't decided whether I'm heading to TX first ... or to IA first. As plans finalize, I'll be sure to post ... and hopefully we can work something out...OK?

Anyone else? ;)

Seems like a number of people are interested in getting together, so this is a brief update with more details of my 2006 trips, which are not as long as my major road trips the last couple years (October 2004, west via MO-KS-CO-WY-UT-NM-OK-TX-AR; August 2005, east via TN-AL-GA-SC-NC-VA-PA-NJ-MD-WV-OH-MI-IN). If you are in any of the areas and/or along my way and want to meet up ... let me know! And, of course, if you ever come through northern IL, let me know!

June 22-26 ... IL-KY-IN-TN

Thursday ... drive to Nashville TN for the MC Nationals, Friday-Sunday (route TBD).

Sunday ... go to Big Sandy TN for lunch; Jackson TN for dinner (or vice versa).

Monday ... drive home.

July 14-17 ... IN-OH-MD-NJ-DE

Thursday ... in the evening, get a "jump start" to DE for Monte MadneSS, Friday-Sunday.

Sunday ... get a head start on going home, arriving home on Monday.

Not sure which route I'll take (northern, via turnpike; southern, via I-70), but most-likely will make a stop in the Baltimore MD area going and/or coming.

August 11-14 ... IN-OH-PA-MI

Thursday ... drive to IN (near Ft Wayne).

Friday ... drive to OH (near Akron), possibly taking Route 30.

Saturday ... drive to PA for the family reunion that afternoon.

Sunday ... drive to MI for a late dinner.

Monday ... drive home.

October 11-17 ... TX-OK-KS/MO-IA-WI

This'll be the "road trip" (mini, as it is) for 2006...

Tuesday evening ... drive as far south as possible (either via I-57, I-55 or I-39 to I-55).

Wednesday ... drive to Dallas TX, via Little Rock AR.

Thursday ... stay in Dallas area

Friday ... drive up to the Oklahoma City area.

Saturday ... drive to Wichita KS.

Sunday ... via Kansas City, drive to IA (Des Moines area, perhaps).

Monday ... drive to southern WI.

Tuesday ... drive home.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

"I need to get away from this place" ... Smashmouth ... 'All Star'

Black and Blue ... don't know yet if I'm meeting up with either of them ... neither of 'em have said anything....

Sure would be nice to meet up with you, BV, ocn, Camino, Oldsmoboi, etc., there in PA....

I'll be in the Pittsburgh area the weekend in August, while I'll be in Delaware, and thus, eastern PA, the weekend in July....

Let's see what we can get planned!!!

...hmph...and now I may not get the chance to this year either :(.

ARG.

Why? Well, because, along with the news that my department has been sold, I found out that, due to my abdominal pains & not being at work much, I may not be granted many (if any) vacation days this year....

*sighs*

This means that I have more reasons to just leave this call center job ... we'll see.... And, ironically, I wrote it in the original post: "It's frustrating that one's available time (namely vacation) will not support the hopes/plans for vacations and road trips." Guess we'll see ;).

I AM still planning to go on these trips ... and meeting up with a number of you, hopefully, but now, it depends on what happens, I guess.... Maybe my not being very "organized" this year was foreshadowing this...he heh.