Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Hmmmm. is it really worth a roadtrip and that much

capriceman

Spotlights were a popular customizing trick (factory option?) in the '50s, I think.. I wonder if they are functional..

Be still my heart!!!

I've got to go check on that lottery ticket from this saturday. If I had the money this baby would be in my possesion in a heartbeat! :wub: Thanks a lot Capriceman! :)

I know the Electra 225 is by far more desirable but the black Invicta is calling to me. The INVICTA name is so very cool. Sounds like a Vietnam-era Jet fighter or something.

Needs TLC: Less than $4000... damn I'm tempted to buy a plane ticket to Calif.

Posted Image

Alabama: $2750... "needs brakes". I'm on my way. Plane ticket in hand and 5 quarts of brake fluid, steel line cutter/flange tool kit and 40 feet of lines in my suitcase.

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

The INVICTA name is so very cool. Sounds like a Vietnam-era Jet fighter or something

I agree! The name Invicta sounds Bi-Polar, One sides like an Agressive street dominator, the other a Calm road conquering machine.

:blink:

Yeah I dont have the time for one of these projects. :(

New project coming soon!! The Old 572 Scottesdale sold for $115,000. So the Breakdown Parts are paid for I got 7,500 in cash. the Body work/painter got $5000 and the the rest wen to assorted Charities. I think $67,000 went to charities as an estimate.

One thing I heard Is that it might envolve a shinny LS2 or maybe a LS7. Since I got some books on the Electronics of those engines in the mail. The Car might be a 70's Pontiac :blink: If i get some info I tell you guys. so you can be jealous :AH-HA_wink:

I think it was a Airline company not a plane Wheres FlyBrian when you need him? Doesn't he know alot about planes and stuff.

Edited by capriceman

Sorry, guys, no dice. There was an off-and-on Invicta car company in England, but nothing in terms of aircraft or weapons systems military or civilian.

Buick did have some shared jetage nomenclature. There were Lockheed Electras - pre-war Model 10 and postwar L-188s - that are still used by the U.S. Navy as P-3 Orions and North American F-86 Sabre, namesake of the '51 concept and the '59 everyone loves. Another Vietnam-jet-shared Buick name is of the McDonnell-Douglas A-4 Skyhawk light attack plane.

http://www.al-airliners.be/d-j/invicta/invicta.htm

http://airlines.afriqonline.com/airlines/449.htm

Do you want another guess?? I think i have decent proof. 8):CG_all:

Edited by capriceman

One of the greatest paintings of all time. Makes Mona Lisa, Starry Night & TGhe Scream look amateurish. :P I borrowed this off Buick-59.com... asked permisions, don't worry. :)

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

Thanks for the tip Moltar. :)