Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

NO SCHOOL MONDAY!

Bimmer325

Although the snow let up in intensity and ended altogether hours ago, school has still been cancelled for tommorow! :sign0200:

Just over 24" of snow fell on the area late last night and earlier today. Westchester schools announced county-wide closings for Monday by late afternoon, but New York City Schools remained open until the past hour when the decision to cancel classes was made (I attend school in the Bronx). Roads are still a mess and trains will be on a limited schedule tommorow due to the storm. Since most students at my school commute from Westchester by train, I'm pretty sure that's what warranted the closing.

I'm especially happy because I've put off most of my work completely this weekend due to severe ADD. :P

Plus I'm leaving for Europe on Friday, so that makes this an easy three-day week! :ohyeah:

Oh, and I NEVER get off for snow. I've had school after 8" snowstorms before. In fact, this will only be my second snow-day since I've attended my school (I'm currently a junior).

Lucky bastard. Well, sounds like you aren't, though. I mean... we've got nothing and had school cancelled before just because they thought it was going to be bad. Usually, though, it's just rain when they were expecting sleet. We've also gotten out early for that a few times. :P You gotta love Brookville. :D