Interactive Review: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS - 45th Anniversary Edition

Interactive Review:

2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS - 45th Anniversary Edition

post-51-0-29876300-1317947263.jpg

Joining us this for a review is the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edition. 2012 marks 45 years of Chevy Camaro, and to celebrate, Chevy is offering the 2LT and 2SS with unique hood and decklid stripes in red and gray that contrast with the Carbon Flash Metallic paint, as well as badges located beneath the front fender emblems. Deep silver foglamp and taillamp bezels and 20-inch wheels. The interior has the 45th Anniversary logo on the Jet Black, leather-appointed seats, steering wheel and sill plates, and red, white and blue stitching on the seats, steering wheel, shift knob.

For our part, we'll be putting this SS to the test with some good long distance driving. It will be going with us to the AACA Show in Hershey PA on Saturday, October 8th. On Sunday October 9th, we will be visiting the East Broad Top Railroad, and then Wednesday, October 12th, I am returning the SS to GM's fleet office in New Jersey where I exchange it for a Cruze Eco to go with me the rest of the way to Connecticut. So, there will be lots of seat time and opportunity for other C&Gers to check out the car.

The steering wheel is now the standard Chevy issue. I'm sure some here will lament that fact, but the truth is that the old Camaro wheel was an ergonomic nightmare.

First tank - 22.0 mpg by the computer, 21.7 mpg by the calculator (small enough to be a filling variance)

Second tank - 23.0 mpg by the computer, 23.4 mpg by the calculator (ditto)

Third tank - 25.5mpg by the computer, haven't filled up again yet. This was a 190 mile trip loafing along at 65mpg without A/C

75mph = 1800rpm in 6th gear