Jump to content
Create New...

The Continuing Story of Saab, Part 412.5: Three Ring Circus


Recommended Posts

The Continuing Story of Saab, Part 412.5: Three Ring Circus

William Maley - Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

October 22, 2011

post-10485-0-15367900-1319293388.png

Saab’s goal of getting out bankruptcy is turning very nasty. First, Autocar is reporting the court-appointed administrator placed in charge of the company's reorganization affairs, Guy Lofalk has asked the Swedish court to terminate the automaker's reorganization process. Lofalk doesn’t have enough confidence in Saab getting enough funding to continue with the process. This move would end the Saab’s protection from creditors while it looked for money.

Saab is upset with Lofalk’s decision and has applied to the Swedish court to remove Lofalk as its administrator.

“In our view Lofalk has overstepped all possible areas of his mandate as administrator. He is basically focused on a change of ownership of Saab and not on the reorganisation itself, which is what he was appointed to do by the court,” Saab CEO, Victor Muller said in an interview with Swedish Radio P4 West.

Mueller also told Radio P4 West that he believes Lofalk’s talk with Pang Da and Youngman have changed their minds from buying a 50-percent stake in the company to a full takeover of the company. Reportedly, the two companies offered made a takeover offer today. Saab refused the offer and the two companies have backed off completely.

“We have had some very clear indications that the Chinese investors were not going to fund [saab] as they agreed last week in writing. Last weekend Lofalk went to Beijing to meet with both Pang Da and Youngman. Clearly [those meetings] caused them to change their minds and go for an effort to make another kind of deal. That is unacceptable,” said Muller.

Saab has been looking to other investors to help raise money. On Thursday, Saab said it had obtained financing from North Street Capital, a U.S. private equity firm. Under that arrangement, North Street was to lend Saab $60 million and buy $10 million worth of shares in Swedish Automobile.

“[This is] definitely not the end of Saab. In the past two or three years Saab has been declared dead by so many people, so often and so far everybody has been wrong and they will remain wrong. Saab will not go down,” Muller said.

Source: Autocar, Inside Line

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search