Can someone help me track down a part number?

Croc

Hi guys,

My 2001 Olds Aurora 3.5 needs a new motor mount. My mech told me it's the "front motor mount," but he doesn't have the part number handy and I was wondering if I could find it cheaper online. Can someone track this down for me? Having difficulty...

Pertinant info:

SECOND GEN

V6

...and it's the motor mount that keeps the engine down in front. I've seen mounts listed as engine, transmission, right, left, front, back...a little lost as to what exactly GM called it for this one...

THANKS

"Front" engine mount is somewhat misleading on a transverse engine FWD car... the "front" of the car is the bumper... but the "front" of the engine is towards the passenger side.

In any case, you seem to have four mounts going on... 3 on the tranny, 1 on the engine... there is essentially a front, left, right and rear mount... looking at the engine from the drivers' seat.

The mount on the "front" of the car carries GM part numbers 25731375, 25694601 and 25706433 (These are what the lists have, you probably want the highest number, as the low numbers where superseded). GM lists this at $126.64. DEA has this as part number A2897... $27.99 on Rock Auto.

The rear mount is triangular shaped and has the GM part numbers 25705787 and 25715771... $81.21. Rock Auto lists a DEA part number A2898 at $20.99.

The left and right ("front" of engine) mounts have the same GM part numbers... 25695932, 25662258, 25689177, 25691733, 25698042, and 25713700... at $137.30. DEA lists this part as A2896 for the left side, but lists no right side... I would guess it would work for both sides, as GM lists the same parts for both sides. Rock Auto has this at $32.79.

When on the Rock Auto site, there are options for solid vs. hydraulic and also they list a HD version of one mount... this is up to you, I don't know what Aurora options trigger these parts.

You can find a sweet exploded view of the mounting system here: http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=819730&ukey_make=1091&ukey_model=15694&modelYear=2001&ukey_category=22488&ukey_driveLine=8669&ukey_trimLevel=19253

Hope this helps sort out your mount trouble.

Edited by SAmadei
  • Agree 2