Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Dupli-Color Caliper Paint

Anyone have any experience with Dupli-Color caliper paints? I mean, I like the idea because of the the fact that they may actually protect your calipers from rust an corrosion but it almost seems like you just won't notice it unless you go for the yellow. Still, the fact that you can paint the disc and all of the brake parts makes it more likely to be seen I suppose. This is in comparison to caliper covers which can only be used on the calipers. Anyway, I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the subject and the following blog post may actually give more grist for the mill since it shows both: http://auto-trim.org/2014/01/20/dupli-color-caliper-paint-vs-caliper-covers/

Very interesting. Love the G2 custom color match caliper brake kit for your auto.

http://www.g2usa.com/

Will be checking this out as I would love my calipers to match my car color. Better than how they currently look.

I can see for most cars if your looking to just dress up an auto, caliper covers would be a solid inexpensive way to go, but for limited production auto's or higher end performance auto's the G2 brush on paint kit looks solid. Bing it and you see many satisfied customers. For $100, not a bad way to go.

From what I've seen the Dupli-Color paint works pretty well for what it is. Like any paint job its all about preparation. I would much rather paint my calipers than use faux covers. Fake performance is the worst kind of performance. Plus the paint will protect the calipers against rust, and OEMs paint their calipers, they don't glue fake ones over them.

Coming from someone who has done a lot of mods to his car.

Just noticed that G2 will do any custom paint match of their caliper paint, so I could get a can of matching spray paint to pint the visable areas on the rotors so they look better on top of doing the calipers. Liking this more and more. :D