2015 Colorado/Canyon video!

ocnblu

Pretty sure it had to be a real, working truck first, and a Prius wannabe maybeeeee... 10th on the list?

Their engineers stated in that video that fuel economy was a top priority.  If that was the case they failed miserably.  If this was to be a real working truck then why on earth did they not add an extra two inches to the width for 4' between the wheel wells?  Add a track system to the bed instead of their stupid gear on system?  Why did they put a space wasting (but pretty) console shifter in the front instead of a column shifter and bench seat?  Why did they mangle the rear seat storage area so badly that its virtually useless?  They chose to use the LFX with all of its oil consumption, coked valve, stretching timing chain glory instead of the superior LV3 or L83.  Why was GMs in house 8 speed transmission not ready to go at launch for these trucks?  Why was the small duramax not ready to go at launch? 

These trucks are not made for work.  They are not made for fuel economy.  They're just another half-assed GM attempt at something.  Assuming they don't keep having to recall them they will sell well right up until Toyota and Nissan update their mid sized trucks.  Without substantial updates at that point these new twins fall right back into the obscurity they came from.

I actually agree with CarGuy on allot of his points. The mid size trucks are a JOKE! While I like the video and the truck is nice, GM should have gone Mini Truck and made a quality one at that.

With Mid size trucks crossing over so heavily into full size trucks, GM missed the fact that every day more and more cities are taking away full size parking spaces and replacing them with stupid compact parking and more bike lanes. Yet people still need to haul stuff and as such a Mini Pickup Truck would have been an outstanding truck to have instead with a durable CNG engine and Duramax Engine.

GM could have done this so much better than they did. So in this way I do find that this truck was half assed created by a group of people that looked at a narrow view of what trucks were really needed.

The first Truck company to do TRUE MINI PICKUPS Green CNG/Clean Bio Diesel will win with their full size pickup line.

RAM - Are you Listening? You can put GM and FORD to shame by having a True Mini Pickup Truck Line and the Full size RAM line!

I actually agree with CarGuy on allot of his points. The mid size trucks are a JOKE! While I like the video and the truck is nice, GM should have gone Mini Truck and made a quality one at that.

With Mid size trucks crossing over so heavily into full size trucks, GM missed the fact that every day more and more cities are taking away full size parking spaces and replacing them with stupid compact parking and more bike lanes. Yet people still need to haul stuff and as such a Mini Pickup Truck would have been an outstanding truck to have instead with a durable CNG engine and Duramax Engine.

GM could have done this so much better than they did. So in this way I do find that this truck was half assed created by a group of people that looked at a narrow view of what trucks were really needed.

The first Truck company to do TRUE MINI PICKUPS Green CNG/Clean Bio Diesel will win with their full size pickup line.

RAM - Are you Listening? You can put GM and FORD to shame by having a True Mini Pickup Truck Line and the Full size RAM line!

Yep, I think of "small" and "mid-size" pickups as two different things.  These new trucks are just not quite there for a "mid sized" pickup, a few tweaks I noted above and I think they would be set.  These trucks are nowhere near small enough to be a "small" pickup.  GM needs to decide what they want.  If they want a small pickup they need to shrink the entire thing, if they want a mid sized pickup then there is absolutely no excuse for making a truck of this size that can't fit 4' wide materials between the wheel wells.  The Honda Ridgeline can do it with a unique (and highly useful) bed design and that truck is 10 years old. 

Yep, I think of "small" and "mid-size" pickups as two different things.  These new trucks are just not quite there for a "mid sized" pickup, a few tweaks I noted above and I think they would be set.  These trucks are nowhere near small enough to be a "small" pickup.  GM needs to decide what they want.  If they want a small pickup they need to shrink the entire thing, if they want a mid sized pickup then there is absolutely no excuse for making a truck of this size that can't fit 4' wide materials between the wheel wells.  The Honda Ridgeline can do it with a unique (and highly useful) bed design and that truck is 10 years old. 

Avalanche could also and there was still a market for them but GM pissed that solid truck away also.

Avalanche could also and there was still a market for them but GM pissed that solid truck away also.

I actually think if anything the avalanche type of approach would be ideal for a mid sized truck.  It could result in a smaller size with almost no compromises in capability. 

The moment "Honda Ridgeline" was mentioned in this thread was the moment that I stopped listening.  Clue?

So you do not think that Honda copied GM Avalanche with their design and that there is a market for these crossover type SUV/Pickup Truck? The Avalanche started in 2001, Ridgeline came along in 2005 and was not a better truck.