What's the Best 3/4-Ton Work Truck for 2017?

FordCosworth

1)  Ford F-250 SD XL 4x2

2) FCA Ram 2500 Tradesman 4x2

3) GM's Chevy Silverado 2500 WT

4) Nissan XD S 4x4

The Nissan Endurance and Ford Boss, both DOHC, hit peak torque at a lower RPM than the OHV engines...

GM Vortec 6.0 - 385 @ 4400

Ford Boss 6.2 - 430 @ 3800

Hemi 6.4 - 429 @ 4400

Endurance 5.4 - 401 @ 4000

Read More

0-60mph 6.5sec

[email protected] 1/4 mile for the F-250

Thats ridiculous for a Heavy Duty Work Truck.

" During our loaded braking test at the track in which we loaded 3,300 pounds of sand against the bed wall to prevent sliding during brake testing, the Chevy bed showed some bending — almost into the cab. That did not happen with the other trucks.

The bend did not prevent us from further testing, but it did require some creativity (a 2x4 wedged between the bed and cab) to make sure there was no metal-to-metal contact. "

Great Post, Over all solid for all the trucks, I think they all did and got what they deserved based on old age. Surprised by the Bed on the Chevy. I have to think that something was still off as I have never seen a bed bend unless improper loading.

But good for Ford as the winner. GM I am sure is looking to finally update this workhorse as the 6.0 is ready fro retirement and they have much better options now.

The new SuperDuty is indeed a great truck.  I've only driven a top shelf $70k version (Limited Diesel) and was really impressed there. I didn't find the ride to be as bad as Cars.com described.

" they made note of its punishing ride with, quite possibly, the worst seats they've seen in a base pickup."

So, I wonder if there are substantial suspension differences between the W/T and the SD.  It would be a deal breaker for me if so.

What's not news is that the newest truck available beats the oldest one. That's almost always how this segment works... GM, Ford, and Ram each trade places at the top of the hill for a couple years each. 

• Agree 1