Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Sketch Competitions

i havent been on this site long... only since january... but when i first came on... there was a sketch competition in progress... sketch competition 2: RWD pontiac sedan... the competition had been running since october 2005 because it was never ended by an admin...

and here we have a similar problem... the voting for sketch comp 4... was suppose to end on May 14th... last sunday... yet it is still in operation... because it has not yet been ended

im sure i do not speak for myself when i say im frustrated with the way the sketch comps are left to run on endlessly yet the chopping comps are consistently on time with deadlines etc...

i am aware that the admins have alot to do... and i understand that sometimes you have to put other things in front of others... but i do not understand how a voting thread for a competition can run over a week longer than the deadline and not be noticed...

it would be greatly appreciated if more attention was given to the sketch comps... at least as much as the chopping comps get... it isnt fair to those who cannot chop, yet still would like to design in a comp... thank you

-04monte

If you will kindly notice, the two 'delays' you speak of were both brought upon by large changes with the site. The RWD Pontiac one because it occured in the aftermath of the crash, and this delay because of the switchover to the new server.

I do understand your concern and apologize for the delay, but please - as I said on the front page - have a little bit of patience as we work to get everything back in order.

Thank you.

P.S. I must say, I'm happy that we have this complaint because Sketch hasn't always been the most popular competition. I suppose that's changed.