Question about graphics programs (2 of them)

1) I have the Microsoft Office suite and some other graphics programs on my computer.  What I don't have is a video editing program.  I would like to edit some videos I've taken with either my cameras or phones during the last 5 years, with one phone being a Windows phone and the others Android.  For me, this means taking frames off the front and back to shorten the videos.  Any recommendations on software for this?  Any free ones that are basic and proven?  I'm not looking for anything fancy.

2) Where does a person get instruction in photoshop?  Do community colleges offer night classes on this sort of thing on the cheap?  Can a person just learn it on their own?  I'd appreciate any suggestions on a product package that is good but doesn't have the costlier bells and whistles.  I'm guessing Adobe is the known gold standard.

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, frogger said:

For basics the photo app in windows 10 can do both (yes even basic video editing)

I'll have to look.  Any specific instructions on where to find it?  Thanks!

So damn easy!  Thanks.  When I pull up the menu at the left of my screen, it is available under Photos ... and also directly under Video Editor, which is nested under Photos as well.

You just name the "new" project and get to work.

This is going to get interesting ... and time consuming.