Chery Design Center

There is a video on VVCARS.COM where it shows Chery's design studio. If you look closely at some parts, you can see a design of the Volkswagen Touareg. The other one shows the Mazda Kusabi clearly and if you look to the right of the designer's ear, you can see the Chevy SS. I can understand if this is for inspiration but Chinese cars have a bad history for copying other cars. To see this, go to the website and click on Factory. There will be a video and if you pause it, you can see some of them.

Edited by american_revolution_2005

XP told me a funny joke a while back... it would be perfect in this post.

It's normal for design studios to have rival pictures up - if nothing more for size comparison. Look at the Camaro Concept pics, there are Mustangs and G35 Coupes on the wall, it doesn't mean that Chevy was copying, just setting a market.

Now, I'm not sticking up for Chery or any of the rip-off Chinese designs, many of which are backwards engineered Japanese or American Cars, but pics in a design studio isn't a cause for alarm.

Basically the whole wall in behind is full of other competitors vehicles. They are all drawings too. No real-life pictures. It shows two vehicles that they designed. Their van and a truck that looked a lot like an S10. I can understand what real-life pictures would be up for to see what you're up against but drawings dont show as much as what you're up agianst.

Edited by american_revolution_2005