January 2023 Auto Spotting Thread

G. David Felt

Kicking this off with what I observed today heading up to Stevens pass to ski.

Saw two Rivian R1T in the Yellow and Blue colors.

Saw a brand-new Ford F150 Lighting EV truck. Kinda a storm grey and was really great to see in person.

Weird, but I guess Ford is finally delivering F150 Lighting EV trucks, saw two more today running errands and a couple more of the R1T from Rivian. Becoming very popular around here it seems since I am seeing them so often.

After the polar vortex at Christmas, early January has been pretty mild--unseasonably warm this week--two days in a row w/ partial sun and highs around 45F.   While out walking the dogs yesterday afternoon, I saw a black Cadillac ATS w/ the sunroof open, and a sharp dark red Cadillac XLR w/ the top down...driver had a toque on.  

Alas, back to rain and snow starting today.  :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1st generation parked next to 2nd generation Chevrolet Bolt @ Costco

20230120_142542.jpg

Been a interesting day as I saw a CADILLAC Allante today along with numerous Rivian R1T and Ford Lighting electric trucks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Sign 'o the times--saw a ratty Tesla Model S (covered in road salt, cracked rear bumper duct taped) w/ a 'STUDENT DRIVER' sign...a kid learning to drive in an EV.

Luxury in style, but it is still a Tesla. :P hahahahaha

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, David said:

Luxury in style, but it is still a Tesla. :P hahahahaha

I've never found them to be particularly luxurious or stylish.  Just an appliance w/ a cheap interior.   The exterior styling of the Model S looked good 10 years ago, vaguely Jaguarish...but after 10 years it's tired.  And the other models are just variations on a theme, with gimmicky features ('falcon' doors, the stupid door handles, etc).    For luxury, I'm more of a Cadillac fan...

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 1

Ran to business costco today and this beauty was there right in front. Sadly the car next to it also in a handicap spot parked crooked. Hope they do not ding the door.

Course the Mercury was not parked straight either.

20230123_111708.jpg20230123_111659.jpg

• Like 1