3 km have now become 80

oldshurst442

Lots of changes happened in my life and in my family's the last 3-4 months.  (I still dont want to talk about those changes)  

But we CAN and SHALL discuss the changes with the car situations. 

Old cars have come back.  New ones have joined. Some have left the scene.  And now we are a 3 car family.  I had to let go of the Acura. I had a little fender bender with it.  Nothing major, but as with the Impala SS, somebody ran into me and so I had to euthanize it.  OK...I didnt kill it.  But we traded it  in for a 2024 Honda Civic LX.    

Just as with the Impala, way back in 2012, yet another female driver, (God bless these women drivers...) ran into my side. The Impala SS was the passenger front door. With the Acura, it was the driver's side passenger door.   I wasnt wanting to repair it, I had to do extensive maintenance work on it as well, so the monies spent on maintaing and repairing and calling insurances and all that, my wife and I decided that I would take over the Fusion, she gets herself a new car.   This happened mid-July sometime, when additional family drama started brewing again, on her side and on my side, and the decision to sell the restaurant also was made.  

We finally got the Civic on Monday with 3 kilometers on the odometer and 3 days later she is up to 80.  Not much Id say.

What about the Mazda 3?

Well, when we bought the Fusion, it was because we had given my then deadbeat brother-n-law, the youngest, my wife's Mazda 3.  So we needed to buy another car. Hence the Fusion.  He has since then become responsible and very hard working and he bought himself another car 3 years later.  We thought he traded it in but he had ALWAYS kept it as a reminder NOT to be a lazy ass person.   He drove it once in awhile as an appreciaition of what his sister and I did for him. And when the middle brother passed away in June, and we started grieving for the middle brother and when we mentioned that our daughter may need a car he surprised us by giving us our old car back.  Its in very very good condition, other than a few rust spots here and there.  

So yeah...   New car.   

Internal combustion.  No battery electric.  Maybe a BEV on the next car purchase when another woman driver rams my Fusion's passenger door...   I am NOT being hostile towards women drivers.  Just spittin' out facts...