2025 Toyota Camry tour by Joe Raiti at Chicago Auto Show

I didn't even look for this.  It was suggested for me, so I watched it.

Well, here it is.  They have apparently put some thought into this car and want to remain major player in this niche.  It looks like the entry level LE will be starting at $30,000 (US).  Also, only hybrid 4-cylinder engines (which make respectable horsepower) will be powering this latest generation of Camry.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I'll say something about this video.

It's mostly pros: 

- nice cabin; they even did the Malibu thing with the fabric on the dash

- unobtrusive touch screen in terms of its placement and sensibly placed controls 

- the hideous diagonal for the cubby under the center stack is gone

- much nicer treatment of the rear passenger window where it meets the C-pillar - it no longer looks like a '72 Caprice 

- better side profile and rear taillights

- we know the 2.5 liter 4 cylinder, assuming it stays the same

Neutral:

- well, with the hybrid, a CVT comes onto the scene ... if it lasts at least 200,000 miles with diligent maintenance, I can't complain

Cons:

- the console height between the bucket seats is a little too high for my taste

- the front grille continues on as an appliance; whether in base model form or aggressively styled sporty model form.  It can very easily be "fixed" - thicken the center cross-member where the bumper supposedly is and raise it up a little from the ground.  It's still too much - less is more.