GM to kill the H2 after 2014

Pontiac, compete with Jeep???? NO thanks.

WTF would the point of that be? Why don't we have Mercury start building diesel Pickups and Chrysler start making Buses?

Maybe GMC can get a Y-body convertible....?

I would think with gas prices as they are now, and presuming they continue to go up, demand for Hummers will drop off naturally...

It would be nice for GM to have a brand the competed with Jeep, I don't think Hummer is it though...too ugly, too obese.

EXACTLY.

And KC: while I mostly agree with the gist of your rants PLEASE DO NOT

try to reduct the rich and beautiful history of Oldsmobile to wire-wheel

covers and stand-up hood ornaments!

Last time I checked THOSE Oldsmobiles sold, it was the quasi-Lexus

ones that looked like Gell-tabs that sunk the brand like the Titanic.

And what's wrong with stand up hood ornaments anyway?

Nothing says I'm proud to be a (Mercedes/Cadillac/Packard/RR...) better!

If it sounded like I deduced the whole brand to the wire wheel covers and stand up hood ornaments, I did not mean it that way. What I was trying to say was that the market has changed big time and that things are way different now than they were.

Wow, we finally agree on something! I always wondered if there was anything we would agree on. :lol:

Whatever, I don't care what happens to the Hummer brand as a whole anyway. They can cut the whole pointless gas-sucking line for all I care. Set up Pontiac with the offroaders to legitamately compete with Jeep. Its supposed to be the performance brand, might as well make it the offroading brand too. Hell, doing that might keep it around a little longer.

The way things are going, that entire brand is probably going to see a massive sales drop off long before 2014.

This post made me laugh so hard I almost peed myself. Good thing I have tremendous control over my bladder!

Pontiac a legitamate comparison to Jeep? So GM should spend hundreds of millions of dollars to get rid of Hummer, which has huge potential to be a cash cow again as Hummers become small off road capable vehicles, and then spend hundreds of millions of dollars more to change the focus of Pontiac to an all truck division with superior off road capabilities? I guess that would mean changing their slogan to Pontiac is CAR to Pontiac is <insert new slogan here> I would vote "Pontiac is not true to its heritage"

Hummer is not just the H2. The H2 will change or it will die with the upcoming CAFE communism. In development there are smaller Hummers coming. There are changes coming to the H3. There is the new 4.5 Diesel coming to the H2/SUT.

There is no better established brand that competes with Jeep or Land Rover within GM's umbrella of brands. There will always be a market for people who want a vehicle that is superior off road. Sales will go down, as they should, because Hummers are not for everybody. Their purpose is to be bought by people who will use them for their off road prowess.

I like the idea of Diesel Only Hummer. Diesels are brash and heavy duty, and so is Hummer. Let every Hummer be diesel and be a clean and yet CAFE friendly machine.

So no more gas guzzler we are oil burners.

Whatever, I don't care what happens to the Hummer brand as a whole anyway. They can cut the whole pointless gas-sucking line for all I care. Set up Pontiac with the offroaders to legitamately compete with Jeep. Its supposed to be the performance brand, might as well make it the offroading brand too. Hell, doing that might keep it around a little longer.

The way things are going, that entire brand is probably going to see a massive sales drop off long before 2014.

Great idea smallchevy. I think there are some great technologies coming that will improve mileage, lower emissions, and we can again have powerful vehicles that are worlds more efficient than they are now.

Edited by K.C.