More and more automakers are beginning to roll out high-performance driving schools to those who purchase one of their performance vehicles. Cadillac is the latest one.
Starting with the 2017 Cadillac ATS-V and CTS-V, buyers will be eligible for a two-day course at Cadillac's V-Performance Academy. The Academy is based at Spring Mountain Motor Resort and Country Club near Las Vegas, Nevada. The course "is designed for drivers of all experience levels and includes dynamic car control exercises, visual skill development, and proper cornering techniques." There will also be time in the classroom to explain various things.
We'll admit Cadillac's V-Performance Academy is quite the steal as the brand will cover a two-night stay in one of the Spring Mountain on-site condos, along with breakfast and lunch. All you need to do is buy the plane ticket to get to Las Vegas.
Press Release is on Page 2
Cadillac Announces V-Performance Academy
- Two-day driver training included with every 2017 V-Series
Cadillac today announced the Cadillac V-Performance Academy driving experience at Spring Mountain Motor Resort and Country Club near Las Vegas, Nevada. The two-day driver training program will be included in the purchase of any of Cadillac’s high-performance V-Series models: 2017 Cadillac ATS-V Sedan, 2017 ATS-V Coupe and 2017 Cadillac CTS-V sedan.
Cadillac is the only luxury automotive brand offering a two-day driver training with the purchase of a high-performance vehicle. Customers will register online for the experience after taking delivery of a 2017 V-Series model. The V-Performance Academy program may also be purchased as a stand-alone experience.
“Cadillac is a brand for passionate people, by passionate people,” said Nathan Tan, associate director of Brand Partnerships and Experiences for Cadillac. “V-Series customers are in many ways nearest the core of the Cadillac brand, and we are proud to offer this valuable training with our thrilling products.”
The V-Performance Academy includes:
- Ground transportation to and from Las Vegas McCarren International Airport — customers are responsible for airfare
- Two days of intensive driver training in the model of purchase for 2017 V-Series owners and the model of choice for stand-alone customers
- Two nights’ lodging in the Spring Mountain luxury condominiums
- Breakfast and lunch on both training days
- General admission access for one designated guest — add a driving guest for an additional fee
- On-site courtesy vehicles will be provided
- There are now two opportunities for enthusiasts to drive new V-Series models on a racetrack: the two-day V-Performance Academy driver training held exclusively at Spring Mountain and the single-day V-Performance Lab, which travels to different racetracks around the country. In 2016, the V-Performance Labs will be held at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, Connecticut, and Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.
The development of the V-Performance Academy curriculum was overseen by V-Series engineers. The tailored driver training enables attendees to extract maximum performance from the V-Series vehicles.
“The V-Series are the most-track capable Cadillac models ever, using exclusive technologies tuned by a select group of dedicated engineers,” said Brandon Vivian, Cadillac executive chief engineer. “These technologies, such as Magnetic Ride Control, Performance Traction Management software and the Performance Data Recorder, set the Cadillac ATS-V and Cadillac CTS-V apart from all other luxury cars and are the tools drivers will experience at the V-Performance Academy.”