Kia EV6 First Edition introduces the world to all-unifying all-new "Opposites United" design language delivering crossover functionality. Combing classic sports car with high tech cues, modern CUV styling and couple-like profile is the visual language Kia brings to the EV game.
The EV6 rolls on a 114.2 inch wheelbase, the same as the Kia Telluride and comparable in width of a Ford Mustang Mach-E and the ground clearance of a Tesla Y.
Enabling jaw-dropping performance, AWD capability, ultra-fast charging times is what this BEV platform enables. Estimated up to 300 miles of electric range for RWD models, V2L functionality and flat floor interior utilizing sustainable materials throughout the cabin. The EV6 offers a wide array of advanced driver assistance systems, unprecedented level of connectivity and safety.
The first EV6 models will go on sale early 2022 in all 50 states with the GT arriving in late 2022.
Opposites United design language delivers the following:
- "Digital Tiger" grille form serves as Kia's new tiger nose design
- Headlamps offer sequential dynamic light pattern
- Flush exterior door handles
- High rear deck serves as a spoiler
- Cross-car rear light cluster
- Wheel sizes available in 19, 20 or 21 inches.
Kia enters the electric age with the following foundation:
- RWD bias with AWD available capacity
- Body structure utilizing 75% high strength steel
- Five-link rear suspension
- World's first mass-produced integrated drive axle to enhance ride comfort and handling.
- Long wheelbase, short overhangs maximizing interior space with flat floor, no tunnel layout.
- Underfloor mounted battery placement enabling low center of gravity for enhanced stability.
Kia Battery Tech for superb performance, fast charging and innovative V2L.
The EV6 is an energy dense Nickel-Cobalt-Manganese (80/10/10) battery pack that the US market will use in a 77.4 kWh size for both RWD and AWD electric motor configuration.
- RWD will use a 160 kW motor yielding 218 horsepower.
AWD will use a 70 kW front motor paired with the 160 kW rear motor for a yield of 313 horsepower.
- Estimated 0 to 60 performance of 5.1 seconds.
AWD GT model will use a 160 kW front motor and 270 kW rear motor yielding 576 horsepower.
- Estimated 0 to 60 mph performance is less than 3.5 seconds.
- Available late 2022
Battery charging embraces both 400-V and 800-V charging systems. When using an 800-V system, 70 miles of range can be added in less than 5 minutes. Up to 210 miles (10 to 80%) added in under 18 minutes. An on-board 11 kW charger (OBC) allows Level 2 recharging from 10 to 100% in about 7hrs.
Vehicle to Load (V2L) functionality allows the EV6 to be a power source, providing power to computers, home improvement project, tailgating and even camping. Customers will find both inside the auto and using the adapter outside 110V outlet. With a full batter, power can be drawn from the auto for 36 plus consecutive hours. Vehicle to Vehicle charging is capable at a 1.1 kW charge, equal to being plugged into a 110V outlet.
The EV6 is a modern eco-friendly cabin having both standard and available upgrades as follows:
- Extensive use of recycled plastic throughout interior.
- 100% vegan surfaces on trims
- 100% LED lighting inside and out
Slim modern front seats
- Thin seat frames us ultra-light "giga-steel to maximize rear seat space and knee room
27.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 60/40 split folding bench seat.
- Second row folded down grows cubic feet space to 53.5
- Hands-free Smart Power Tailgate for easier cargo access
- Storage space for small items in Frunk (front trunk)
The dash modern dash incorporates dual 12 inch TFT screens for drivers cluster and infotainment. Blue light filtered screen to reduce eye strain and fatigue. AR Heads-up display (HUD) system with advanced 3D imaging and advanced driver assistance systems. EV6 has both a standard audio system and a premium Meridian 14 speaker audio system available with Intelli Q technology auto correcting audio voludm and sound as the vehicle speed changes.
EV6 has a slew of standard and available enhanced safety features along with a wireless connected auto for regular updates.