Audi sets all-time U.S. October sales record with 14.5% increase, marking 22th consecutive month of record sales
Premium category vehicles (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) represent nearly 34.1% of October Audi customer deliveries
HERNDON, Va., Oct 31, 2012 - Audi today reported record-setting October sales of 11,708 new vehicles representing a 14.5% increase above the previous record set in October of last year. October also stands as the 22th consecutive month of record U.S. performance by the brand with the four rings.
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (the Audi A8, Audi A7, Audi A6, and Audi Q7) equal 34.1% of total October sales further demonstrating the brand’s upward mobility in the luxury sector. This was a 36% increase of premium vehicles sold. October sales momentum benefitted strongly from robust demand for the progressive Audi A8 and the technologically advanced Audi A6. The A8 generated a 54.7% sales increase for the month, powered by strong demand for the new S8 performance model. The A6 sales increased by 36.6% for the month and posted a 96.8% year-to-date gain when compared to the January-October period of 2011.
Consumer interest in the efficient and sporty A3 contributed to a 59.7% increase in sales in October, while the redesigned Audi A4 contributed a 20.6% increase in sales. The Audi Q7 also performed favorably with an increase of 42.7% for the month of October.
“The newly launched models in our performance lines – the Audi S6, S7, S8 and RS 5 – have been huge success stories by virtually selling out shortly after hitting showrooms,” said Mark Del Rosso, Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “It’s clear that premium car buyers are excited about the new generation of cars at the top of our lineup with the Audi A6, A7, A8 and Q7 models constituting 71% of our sales gain in October.”
- October 2012 ranks as the best October in Audi of America history
- For the record-setting month of October 2012, five Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A3, the Audi A4, the Audi A8 and the Q7 models.
- Sales mix for Audi S models finished the month at 15% for the S4 and 41.3% for the S5/ RS 5
- Audi A3 sales up 59.7% compared to October 2011; YTD sales grew 17.9% compared to previous period.
- Audi A4 sales up 20.6% compared to October 2011; YTD sales grew 8.2% compared to previous period.
- Sales of Audi A6 increased 36.6% compared to October 2011; YTD sales up 96.8% compared to previous period.
- Sales of Audi A7 increased 17.3% compared to October 2011; YTD sales up 47.7% compared to previous period.
- Sales of Audi A8 increased 54.7% compared to October 2011; YTD sales have equaled the previous period.
- Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finish the month at 44.5% for the A3 TDI and 28.5% for Q7 TDI
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales of 2,663 vehicles sold amounted to the second-best October in Audi history, despite the reduced inventory of available models for the program.