Camino's old rides: Odds and Ends

First of the odds and ends is my '71 Ford Mustang. It had a good strong 302 with an automatic. It wasn't really much of a looker, but it was in pretty good shape. I replaced the painted rear bumper with a new chrome one and added the Mustang letters to the trunk after these pics were taken. When I got it the chrome trim at the leading edge of the hood and fenders as well as both bumpers were painted body color. I replaced them all with new chrome pieces.

post-394-1142204193_thumb.jpg

post-394-1142204425_thumb.jpg

post-394-1142204611_thumb.jpg

This is the "Vile Bile", my 65 Olds F-85. This car has too many stories associated with it to tell here, so I'll just explain its name. After I had the car about a year or so, the radiator became mostly decoration and the car would overheat and "puke" coolant whenever shut-off . If you added water(i always carried a few gallons) too soon after parking it it would "geyser " from the radiator in a loud and dramatic display. I never fixed it and expected it to die from the constant overheating but it never did. This thing started instantly and ran well right up to the day I sold it.

It had a 330 V8 and an automatic.

post-394-1142206071_thumb.jpg

post-394-1142206231_thumb.jpg

post-394-1142206441_thumb.jpg