Camaro given the go ahead

I am not sure if it has been posted yet, (my sense was that it was not yet approved) but I just picked up the July issue of GM High Tech Performance and they state the the Camaro has finally been approved. Some details:

Fact:

GM has approved the Camaro for the 2010 model year.

Camaro will ride on the Zeta platform.

Coupe production will begin in early 2009.

Convertible production will start in late 2009.

The Camaro coupe's program code is GMX521.

The convertible's program code is GMX511.

The camaro will be built in Australia.

A number of key GM performance and manufacturing engineers have been relocated to Melbourne, Australia's Holden facility to develop the Camaro.

Unconfirmed:

TRhe 240 horse, 3.9 liter LZ8 V6, and the 300 horse, 5.3 liter LH6 V8 may be the entry level Camaro's engine options.

A 400 horse LS2 or 430 plus horse LS3 could be the uplevel engine option.

There is talk of a supercharged option.

Some inside GM are questioning the slated Independent Rear Suspension in favor of a live axle stup.

Given the nature of magazines and how they need about 3 months lead time to publish the magazine, how much of this is real factual considering just a week or two ago Lutz said the Camaro was still not approved. Can the Cheers and Gears inside "moles" ;-) shed any more light on the issue?

I for one do not doubt for a 1/2 sec. that the Camaro is

production bound... but I think some of this info is WAY

off... esp. the build location. Even Canada is more likely

than AU.

I for one do not doubt for a 1/2 sec. that the Camaro is

production bound... but I think some of this info is WAY

off... esp. the build location. Even Canada is more likely

than AU.

Yes it will be interesting to see how this pans out. Builing it in Australia would be bad given the constant fluctuation of exchange rates. The US would be best because then I could boast it is built in the good old USA, but since I own a 4 gen TA, then Canada would be okay.

You can see the concept being prepped for filming HERE. (scroll down a ways)

Thread existiert nicht

W-wait... Michael Bay is Directing Transformers...

:hissyfit::puke::cussing:

That's the same moron who directed Pearl Harbour.

My hopes for this movie are even lower now...

Anyone remember the song from Team America that was all just about how Pearl Harbour sucked? :)

Here's what my source has to say about the above info...

"As far as the Camaro info,the facts sound likely from every thing I've heard but I would have to poke around a bit to find out for sure. This is early for stuff like optional engines, that would more than likely still be up in the air. For the most part, there is very little buzz coming from the studio doing it, that in itself says they've been told to keep quiet"