Pix: Monte Carlos AND Bob's Big Boy

I had to hang with an Impala for a day until I got switched into a Monte Carlo. This was a 3.5 and en route to the Palm Springs area, I spotted a Bob's Big Boy in Calimesa off I-10 (SCREEEECH). Actually, I stopped to eat (YUUUUUMMMMM) and take the photo on the way back.

Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.5 at Bob's Big Boy, Calimesa, CA

Posted Image

Then, upon returning it, I spotted this Monte Carlo LT 3.9 at the Burbank airport. If I were to opt for the MC, this is virtually identical to how I would order it. This particular vantage point is attractive...a couple of angles on this car can be clumsy.

Posted Image

YOU LIKE? I know KnightFan does. I know Pantho does not.

Montepala

The tacked-on rear spoiler looks bad on the white car at the viewing angle, but it beats looking at the hump from the rear.

182397[/snapback]

LOL to moniker.

Yes, all they had to do was curve the deck lid upward to pick up the eye-level lamp, as on the last Deville touring sedan and they could have pocketed some $ from not having to do a spoiler, except on the NASCAR duded-up models (no thanks). I was going to get around to doing a fix the MC sketch one of these days.

You should get one, Bob.  They have a long list of virtues.

182536[/snapback]

Sir, I agree with this observation. They are a sensibly packaged car for the $ and I like the overall personal luxury coupe concept ... which is all I've actually ever owned: 2 Cutlass Supremes and 1 Regal.

The biggest pitch for me is how comfortable it is in terms of seating, dash layout and the nice big door/glass...in this regard, it's better than the GP or LaX, having driven all of them for good stretches.

The only thing I'm hesitant about is the 3.5 VVT. You know how conservative I am. :lol: I am contacting Borg Warner to get information on the set up since they manufacture the variable cam timing system. I have to be able to understand it graphically / diagramatically, not just in words. I've been canvassing the web and can't get the level of info I want on this system.

Who could have imagined back in the spring of '79 that the little Chevy 60 degree V6 would be producing 224 hp in 2007?  How far we've come.

182584[/snapback]

LOL

Yeah, considering the following:

Cutlass "1": 350 cu in 4 bbl Rocket V8 = 170 hp

Cutlass "2": 3.8 litre 2 bbl V6 = 110 hp

Regal: 3800 FI Series I V6 = 170 hp

YOU LIKE?  I know KnightFan does.

Hrm. Yes, but more no. Clarification:

I like the body style ... like the changes they've done for this year of the 6th gen, but since 1995 ... it hasn't been a Monte Carlo.

Switch this version to RWD, put on some Monte Carlo emblems ... and you'd see a new one in my driveway.....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Just another regret" ... All-American Rejects ... 'Dirty Little Secret'