Drove behind a Katrina victim yesterday

mustang84

Yesterday when I was on my way to Hy-Vee to get groceries, I noticed a car in front of me that had Louisiana plates. At first I assumed that the girl in this car had been going here for a while. Then I remembered an article in the newspaper the other day about a girl from New Orleans who transferred here after everything down there was destroyed. In the newspaper they talked about how she stuffed as much as she could into her Toyota Echo in half an hour and left. The only reason that stuck in my head is because an Echo is tiny and you wouldn't be able to fit much in there. Anyway, the car in front of me was none other than a green Toyota Echo. I got into the right lane to pass so I could get a better look at who was in there...and it was the girl from the article. She ended up turning into Long John Silver's and I kept going on my way. It was odd to actually see her in person after reading the story the day before.

I helped out two sisters about a week ago that lost everything from MS. They had no idea when they were going back or what was next. We had codes loaded for free phone service for Katrina victims, I covered their bills for quite sometime.

yeah some kids in my area too some in my schools, the one i attend there was a fight between a Lake Orleans kid and another one . . . the Lake Orleans kid got trashed like mad its really messed up and pathetic, and a little scary that children can look at a kid whos lost almost everything and still beat the crap out of him, in a group, walk away, get more kids, and then kick the crap out of him while hes down . . . . I HATE CHILDREN

CSpec, my friend was going to Tulane but now, after trying unsuccessfully to go to University of Rochester (screwed him badly) he's waiting until January to see how things in NO turn out.

I'm sorry to hear that. I go to U of R and there isn't much room for additional students. The only reason a spot in my hall opened up was because a kid had to withdraw for financial reasons.

How old were these kids?

CSpec, my friend was going to Tulane but now, after trying unsuccessfully to go to University of Rochester (screwed him badly) he's waiting until January to see how things in NO turn out.

[post="15358"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Local news around here in Central Louisiana says that Tulane may open up again as early as next week or the week after. Slowly things are getting back to normal :)

my heart goes out to these people. *moment of silence*

I figured it would be extremely difficult to fit kids in as soon as the new year is starting no matter what school he went to. He just said it didn't seemed organized, he never got a schedule and he was there a week. He said it had a really nice campus, though.