Fans of heavy music

C.H.U.D.

chill dude. it wasnt bad, id take out a little cymbol on the first track, esp when it splits to stereo. the second song wasnt bad at all, showed some good parts and writing.

also sounds like to me you guys need to get a better feel jamming together. it takes time and you can probably wind up doing pretty decent. myspace is one of the best things to happen for BANDS.

not exactly my style but ive played in many a different band...

you recorded this live, no? or on single tracks.

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

The music's good... but there's more screaming in it than A7X, almost unbearable. I heard some singing in the second song but it was hard to hear, undoubtably due to being your first time in a studio, unless it was intentional? Not bad at all, but do you have any songs with only singing?

Also, what's up with the thing when I click on your pic, under "the drummer"? :P

Krinks- Guess I was short a smilie... anyway, it was recorded multitrack, in segments. We weren't selective enough with the drum pieces, so some parts are a bit sloppy. Also, our bassist booked us a week earlier than he thought, so we didn't have as much time to tighten things up as we thought or would have liked.

BV- Haha My buddy who put the page together put that as a joke. He's always making gay jokes. Makes ya wonder...as for the screaming, it's just the style we're portraying, I guess.

Thanks for the input guys.

Edited by C.H.U.D.

I see...

Some friends of a friend of mine has band that I thought was awesome if they would tweak things and mature the sound. As it was, the guitarists amps were too loud (one had two amps for himself, pure cockiness), and you could barely hear the vocals (which were a female's). They're all young still (my age and younger), so I think they'll work things out and become Dubois' finest band, one that gains success for once. :P

Cool ! I was never into thrash however, not enough emotion or feel. I love that chromatic part once it settles down. The vocalist(s), which is a streach, sucks. I suppose it does come from vocal cords so it could be termed vocalist. Its pointless talentless garbage, not sure theres a legitmate reason to sound like your homocidally pissed off all the time, unless its because you cant sing and figure this way no one will figure it out.............. :lol:

the guitar and druming sounded tight for what I heard, but I need so help here cause Im computer challenged. How do I get full song. It came to me in 3 second bits followed by 10 second delays, then I couldnt figure out how to get it all at once. Then I can get a better feel for the music..........though it will be hard to focus past the pissed off idiot(s) in the forefront.

Sorry for being hard on your friend(s) but they really do suck, the rest of you could probably get somewhere with a real vocalist thrash or not. There no identity with so many bands "vocalist" applying that same har arg har arg sound.

Edited by razoredge

Razor, that would be your internet connection. You must have regular dial up like me. Those myspace audio players have to always load, so there is no way to listen it all at once as long as you still have the same connection. This is why I usually wait to use a friends computer for things like this. Stupid dial up.

To much screaming and thrash for me dude. I guess I'm just more hard rock (think Halen, GnR, Crue, etc.) oriented. But I'll admit it ain't that bad.

If you somehow happen to replace your singer with a dude that sounds like DLRoth or Axl or Vince Neil, and you happen to change your musical style, you've got your first fan and CD purchase. :thumbsup::lol:

?...dont let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

201656[/snapback]

Umm, lol means I thought it was funny...

Edit: Thanks for clearing it up, BV

Methinks someone's looking for resentment that just ain't there.

I wanted opinions, not people to ride my band's cock. Though I'm sure Vipes would :lol:

Edited by C.H.U.D.

yea, not quite...if someones sucking up your band you say adios. dont let the door

hit you on the way out.

thats my idea of not too hard. rarely do they get better or change, itll only get worse, unless of course thats what youre looking for. couldnt tell with just the lol

I thought more about this today, with it bothering me and all about bashing your vocal approach. I just never liked that stuff nor do I get it. Now take, say, Dave Mustane or Jon Oliva, they can get the sick and twisted stuff off, really hard and heavy but put some effort into clarity, tone, rhythm, tact and, over the years came up with some real grabbing sound. This I can enjoy to extremes.

With "hardcore" the first thing that hit me was, "when you have a rabid dog, the first thing you do is shoot it" "why do these guys want to sound like rabid dogs?"

Hey ! I think Im onto something..........a new band name perhaps ?

Viper - thanks, that is exactly what my daughter said last night when she got home.

So I guess Ill never get a chance to see what you and you guitar & bassist are tryin to lay down. I did get a bit of interesting cymbal action. You three are talented and def have skills, not bad for quality either. How much per hour was that ? What city ?

My old band did 2 songs, eight track live recordings about 15 years ago, we just dubbed the solos and vocals. Seems like that was 75 per hour. Then a friend bought an 8 track and I have 2 songs myself and my "boy" Todd wrote, recorded in just guitar, bass & vocals. "Time Heals/Time Steals" and "The Tower". Prog metal. This guy Todd was deeply into concept albums, like the whole thing is a story or say Opera, I was always into that stuff too, so we worked well together. We had a total of nearly 60 minutes worth worked out. "Port of Dawn" is what he called it. We had pretty good ideas but dated for early 90's when metal was dying and grunge taking over. Problem was we could never pull off the performance, always mistakes, sloppy, poor sound. Playing at the edge of our abilities all the time, made us better but we just werent solid/consistantly, mediocre equipment, ect. Great years though........ 8)

I wish you guys the best of luck, I know your having fun and I'm jelous

(but shoot those dogs, would ya............. :lol: )

Guest YellowJacket894

This thread has made me realize even more what turns me off about modern music: the vocals. I want real vocals, dammit. It doesn't have to be all of the time. Just, please, do it some of the time, would ya? There's bands that, when it comes to the people powering the instruments, I like. But then comes the vocals and I just mark the band off for good.

I don't mean to bash your friend, though, Chud. I honestly don't. I know it takes a lot of nerve to sing, especially in front of people. But I'm just not feeling it.

The rest of you deserve a pat on the back. Everything else sounded pretty solid. 8)

Razoredge- We recorded at Burning Sound in Niagara Falls, Ontario. $200 cdn for 10 hrs, which is a steal considering the quality.

Krinks- Sorry for any confusion. The internet is bad for that.

As far as screaming, it's what the target audience likes, though we do put some singing here and there.

Edited by C.H.U.D.