Can Someone Help???

My parents really want our old car back so they heard about the whole history report thing so they want to track down the vehicle. They really want it back for a vehicle for me and we believe it is one from the good batch. It is our beloved 1989 Chrysler Dynasty LE. I want to see possibly where it went and track it down if possible. We got rid of it in 2002 with just over 120k on it I believe. It had no body rust even and ran great. It had a V6 and blue cloth interior with bench seat. It was dark blue on the outside. This car has great sentimental value and we realize now we should've kept it. I am just afraid to find it salvaged or something. I would really appreciate it if someone would help me find a history report or something or know of any websites to get one but I dont want to pay for one if possible. If not, I'll find a way. We are currently looking through our papers to find the VIN. This is the car I remember as a kid. I was brought home from the hospital in this, I went to my first car show in this, and I have so many memories. I still even remember what it looked like and what it smelled like. Dont worry it didnt smell bad lol. I was there when we took it to trade it in for our 99 Concorde LXi which was good and and all features but it still doesnt beat the Dynasty. I have compared every car we have owned to our Dynasty and nothing has matched it. The car was all original, no recalls, no major problems. Only maintenance was new exhaust systems, regular maintenance and new tires.

Guest YellowJacket894

A Chrysler Dynasty? :ph34r:

I suppose the sentimental value is greater than the sum of its parts though. And it sounded pretty solid to be an K-Car. However, I wouldn't be surprized to find that it's owned now by a family of white trash and isn't in such great shape.

As for a free report, I don't know of anyway to get one without paying for it. That pisses me off, though -- something like a CARFAX on a car you've owned, own currently, or plan on buying should be free. Hell, the whole damn report should be free.

Dont underestimate K-Cars. The Dynasty was the best car we have ever owned. Best Chrysler, GM or Ford. We have never had a Japanese car and never will. Our Dynasty didnt cause us any problems and it only had been in for regular maintenance. It was better than my dad's 79 Cutlass, 95 GMC Sierra (piece of crap, had it for a month), and our 04 Tahoe. Those are the three GM vehicles we have owned over 32 years. My mom never drove a GM until her Tahoe. She drove strictly Chrysler. My dad drove anything cheap and domestic. AMC Gremlin, Ford Cougar XR7, Mercury Grand Marquis, Ford Bronco II,etc. This car lastly us 13 years and even on the way to dropping us off saved us from an accident without ABS.

Guest YellowJacket894

Also, A-Rev, it could've wound up somewhere in a random part of the U.S. Recently, an Aurora I looked at and was wanting to buy migrated all the way from Canada to Kentucky.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Dont underestimate K-Cars. The Dynasty was the best car we have ever owned. Best Chrysler, GM or Ford. We have never had a Japanese car and never will. Our Dynasty didnt cause us any problems and it only had been in for regular maintenance. It was better than my dad's 79 Cutlass, 95 GMC Sierra (piece of crap, had it for a month), and our 04 Tahoe. Those are the three GM vehicles we have owned over 32 years. My mom never drove a GM until her Tahoe. She drove strictly Chrysler. My dad drove anything cheap and domestic. AMC Gremlin, Ford Cougar XR7, Mercury Grand Marquis, Ford Bronco II,etc. This car lastly us 13 years and even on the way to dropping us off saved us from an accident without ABS.

204162[/snapback]

I hear ya man, we had a Dodge Aries station wagon...that sucker was bullet proof. Only broke down once...in our driveway...needed a new altenator. We ended up junking it only cuz the body got so rusty...but we saved the engine and put it in a Spirit. That car ran until the day we had to get rid of it...which I wish we hadn't. It still ran and everything. Sigh...I miss that car...

Also, A-Rev, it could've wound up somewhere in a random part of the U.S. Recently, an Aurora I looked at and was wanting to buy migrated all the way from Canada to Kentucky.

204193[/snapback]

Very true. A recent Carfax on my '96 Riviera showed me it started its life out as a lease car in Michigan and didn't make it out here to Massahchusetts until 2000. God knows where the thing could be now.