GM Economy and Efficiency Guide Updated for 2007!

I'm pleased to announce that C&G's own GM Economy and Efficiency Guide has been updated to reflect the latest federal information for the 2007 model year. While the vast majority of models are included, a few (such as the Acadia and OUTLOOK) are pending at this time. We will add the data as soon as it becomes available.

New to the guide are Marque Averages, which tells how economical and efficient the division is as a whole. The number is derived from simply adding the city, highway, average, and emissions figures and dividing those respective totals by the number of vehicle engine choices.

Enjoy, as we hope this - along with our updated GM Vehicle Safety Guide - will provide you with the information you desire.

Please share any comments, suggestions, or criticisms in this thread or via PM.

Thanks! :CG_all:

I have a question. Take the Buick Lacrosse for example:

3.8l city: 20 highway: 30 average: 23

3.6l city: 19 highway: 27 average: 22

wouldn't the average's be 25 and 23 respectively? If not, how did you come up with those numbers? I am sort of bewildered.

Thanks! :]

Edited by Farkas

I collected the average economy numbers from the EPA's website at http://www.fueleconomy.gov . They figure a mix of 60/40 city/highway driving and other conditions to arrive at that 'average,' as opposed to a rote (a+b)/2. That's why some vehicles whose highway mileage increased since 2006 have 'averages' that are the same because its not given quite as much weight.

OK, So I cranked out Toyota (itself, not including Scion or Lexus) in 1 hour and 15 minutes :P

Posted Image

Sorry, If it's kind of big :/

I apologize to all the dial-up computers that want to throw flaming bits of CPU at me.

Edited by Farkas