A stupid milestone / coincidence

trinacriabob

The 3800 used to be known as the 3.8 litre which used to be known as the 231 cubic inch engine....six, half-dozen or the other.

Yesterday, on New Year's Day, driving home from the hot springs near Lake Tahoe, my '92 Regal 3800 coupe turned over 231,000 miles.

Pretty stupid, huh?

Wow... now THAT's a Buick nut for ya! :P

and when if it turns 310 000, i'm sure i'll get a grin out of it.

And it will happen! Since that's in kms, I computed that as being equal to 190,816 miles. Entirely doable!

Edited by trinacriabob

Yesterday, on New Year's Day, driving home from the hot springs near Lake Tahoe, my '92 Regal 3800 coupe turned over 231,000 miles.

Pretty stupid, huh?

I don't think it's stupid at all. Have you had to have any major work done to him?

Nice testament to GM quality.

I don't think it's stupid at all. Have you had to have any major work done to him?

Nice testament to GM quality.

Thanks! Never...thank God. The powertrain is original. I've changed the oil every 2,500 miles and I've also changed the transmission fluid and filter every 20,000 miles, the latter of which is something a lot of people ignore. I'd like to go for 250,000, now that I'm some 18,000 + miles away.

Thanks! Never...thank God. The powertrain is original. I've changed the oil every 2,500 miles and I've also changed the transmission fluid and filter every 20,000 miles, the latter of which is something a lot of people ignore. I'd like to go for 250,000, now that I'm some 18,000 + miles away.

I think you could get way more than that. A guy I work with has 370k+ on his '96 Chevrolet 1/2 ton pickup. Runs like it is new. He replaced the transmission around 320k and I suspect that was because he actually uses his truck to haul cattle trailers and haul hay, in addition to commuting to work. Prevenetive maintenance is a big deal and I am a believer in it as you are. I even flush my brake and power steering fluid every year or so.

For some reason people think that cars last around 100k and then they're done. Not true at all. With some TLC, they can/will last an extremely long time. Keep taking care of it and rack those miles up!!!! I love hearing about that kind of stuff.

Edited by GMman

The 3800 used to be known as the 3.8 litre which used to be known as the 231 cubic inch engine....six, half-dozen or the other.

Pretty stupid, huh?

Ah, but see, it happened on the first, which is an odd number. Unfortunately, your 231 aka 3.8 aka 3800 is of the even-fire variety. Sorry to bust your bubble :D

This is sad to see what the Buick forum has been reduced to.

There's nothing wrong with this thread in particular, it's just the fact that this is the ONLY thread that has had any sort of action within the Buick forums in about 2 weeks... and there's something wrong with that.

I hope the lull will end soon, I just don't see an ending in sight.