Sign in to follow this  
AM6_Cutlass

Pittsburgh Auto Show Rescheduled

Pittsburgh Auto Show Rescheduled

Convention Center Floor Buckles Under Tractor Trailer

(AP) PITTSBURGH The 2007 Pittsburgh International Auto Show has been moved to April, assuming the city's David L. Lawrence Convention Center is considered safe enough to host the event by then.

The auto show is annually one of the biggest events held at the center and was supposed to start on Saturday and run through February 18th.

But it was postponed until April 26th through 30th because a 20-by-60-foot concrete floor slab collapsed onto an outdoor walkway below it on Monday.

Architects and engineers and trying to figure out why that happened and, until they do, events at the center are canceled.

Auto show was originall supposed to open tomorrow, and I heard reports yesterday that it was off completely. What they don't tell you in this story is that a tractor trailer and a crane were on the section of floor that fell. Hoping my free tickets will still be good for the rescheduled show if it still happens at all.

I don't even both with Pittsburgh auto show anymore. The never have any concepts or future production cars. It's just a huge dealer expo and nothing more.

I honestly expected them to step it up a bit when they built the new convention center. The show seems more segmented now than in the old building to me, and it seems like they still don't have enough space. It doesn't help that the Chicago show is the same week, they take all the first year intros and concepts. We're lucky to get the table scraps. The Chevy SS concept was there last year though.

Good thing you went to Detroit AM6_Cutlass.

That was the first thing that went through my head when this first happened. I picked the right year to go...

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook