Chrysler recalls 50,000 new cars, 86,000 Rams

DetroitNut90

AutoWeek is reporting that Chrysler Group is recalling more than 50,000 2007 cars and SUVs due to faulty anti-lock brake software. Included in the recall are: 2007 Jeep Wrangler, Compass, Patriot, Commander, Liberty and Grand Cherokee; 2007 Dodge Nitro, Magnum, Charger and Caliber, 2007 Chrysler 300 and Sebring.

The specific vehicles were built in late 2006, so not every 2007 model needs to be serviced. The problem “could result in a loss of vehicle control and cause a crash without warning” according to a company warning.

This follows a recall last week of more than 86,000 2006 Dodge Ram pickups for faulty front-wheel bearings. The problem would present itself with noise and vibration and, if ignored, could cause the wheel to simply fall off, possibly causing a loss of vehicle control and a crash.

Kicking Tires

A software flash??

The problem would present itself with noise and vibration and, if ignored, could cause the wheel to simply fall off, possibly causing a loss of vehicle control and a crash.

That sounds bad although I agree that Chrysler is doing better than many others in the recall department.

The ABS issue is not that big of an issue, but the Ram sounds pretty bad. The vibrations are so bad that the lug nuts can be unscrewed by it and the wheel falls off (?)

Yeah, the new recall isn't that bad, although it's ashame that the Caliber now has a recall under its belt. The Ram one is pretty bad though, like you said. At least they are keeping on top of it.

Edited by Dodgefan

Yeah, the new recall isn't that bad, although it's ashame that the Caliber now has a recall under its belt. The Ram one is pretty bad though, like you said. At least they are keeping on top of it.

Very true. At least it's not whatever the ridiculous amount of Toyota SUVs and trucks that were affected. It's good they caught it relatively early on.

Yeah cuz GM has never had a recall :rolleyes:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=107092

Hey look, when it rains it pours!

Uh,

#1) Bringing up a two year-old recall doesn't absolutely zero to reinforce your "point."

#2) This whole "Well, GM does ____!!!" thing lately smacks heavily of Your-mom-ness.

#3) Pontiac's comment wasn't even derisive. It is, in fact, a true statement that Chrysler has had a lot of recalls lately that only piles on top of their spate of bad luck.

Uh,

#1) Bringing up a two year-old recall doesn't absolutely zero to reinforce your "point."

#2) This whole "Well, GM does ____!!!" thing lately smacks heavily of Your-mom-ness.

#3) Pontiac's comment wasn't even derisive. It is, in fact, a true statement that Chrysler has had a lot of recalls lately that only piles on top of their spate of bad luck.

Want me to use the recent Cobalt recall instead? The point I made was simple: everyone has recalls. I don't take any swings at GM's mom unless someone takes a swing at Chrysler, if you haven't noticed. I'd do the same with a Toyota fan or a Ford fan if they were knocking Chrysler for something stupid like having recalls.

Edited by Dodgefan

Want me to use the recent Cobalt recall instead? The point I made was simple: everyone has recalls. I don't take any swings at GM's mom unless someone takes a swing at Chrysler, if you haven't noticed. I'd do the same with a Toyota fan or a Ford fan if they were knocking Chrysler for something stupid like having recalls.

I fail to see where anyone "took a swing" at Chrysler here. Again, regarding Pontiac's statement that you quoted, its a fact that Chrysler has super $h!ty luck as of late - Daimler doesn't want them, apparently no one wants them, they're fire-selling vehicles and still losing sales, their latest vehicles are met with mediocre reviews, and now these recalls. In fact, of all the recent Chrysler threads, this is the one that has the LEAST unwarranted insults.

I fail to see where anyone "took a swing" at Chrysler here. Again, regarding Pontiac's statement that you quoted, its a fact that Chrysler has super $h!ty luck as of late - Daimler doesn't want them, apparently no one wants them, they're fire-selling vehicles and still losing sales, their latest vehicles are met with mediocre reviews, and now these recalls. In fact, of all the recent Chrysler threads, this is the one that has the LEAST unwarranted insults.

Which is so sad, though I guess not surprising.

Not really, given just how much Chrysler just plain sucks.

Had to do it. :P

f@#k you and your melted dash Bonneville!

Had to do it :P

Which by the way how come I haven't seen any pics of that posted? (unless I missed them).

Edited by Dodgefan