Sign in to follow this  
Intrepidation

Will Charger R/T wheels fit an Intrepid?

5 posts in this topic

Intrepidation    846

So i was browsing ebay and came across some nice Charger R/T wheels for reasonable prices (and a lot less than the V10's)...but will they fit? I don't know much about wheels sizes, widths, if RWD VS FWD configuration matters and whatnot..all of our cars have stock wheels and/or hubcaps...any help?

Also..this may sound stupid and pardon my ignorance but does the bolt pattern need to match perfectly? (5 x 115mm (Charger) verses 5 x 4 1/2" (Intrepid), etc.)?

Edited by Dodgefan

Northstar    11

I think 5 x 4 1/2 is probably fine. You'd only be off by .7mm, which should be within tolerances. Just a quick search on google for the different offsets of the two standard wheels makes me think that it probably won't work though. The Intrepid had +40mm offset from what I found, and the Charger has +15 to +22mm. I don't think that would work but I'm not an expert.

Intrepidation    846

I think 5 x 4 1/2 is probably fine. You'd only be off by .7mm, which should be within tolerances. Just a quick search on google for the different offsets of the two standard wheels makes me think that it probably won't work though. The Intrepid had +40mm offset from what I found, and the Charger has +15 to +22mm. I don't think that would work but I'm not an expert.

What does the offset mean? Does it have to be + 40mm?

Northstar    11
HERE is an explanation. I don't know for Intrepids, but I know GTOs have a very limited number of wheels that can fit without rubbing because of offset issues. I would go to a Dodge forum somewhere and ask if anyone knows, but with a 20mm difference I'm guessing they won't work.

Northstar    11

In addition to what wildmanjoe just said, since the Charger wheels are wider I believe they would stick out even farther I think.