card to fuel injection

So Right now you have Fuel Injection right?

If so the throttle body should bolt right on to the 350 create. and hook up the o2 sensor and stuff. it should work. However the Stock throttle body is very restrictive so almost no power increase notice.

To do it right

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

cost $2300 But it gives you the computers harness and fuel pumps i believe. and will push your 350 in the high 300 hp range even low 400 hp if tuned right. Bolts right on to the 350

http://www.twoguysgarage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17

I would go ask this forum there very good with the Chevy small block questions

chipawah - If you're putting the 350 in the same car that currently has the 305 with the TBI, you already have everything you need in the car - the baffled tank, the pump, the lines are already there. Cappy is right about the throttle body. You at least probably need to get stock 350 unit, if not an aftermarket one. I think the 305 and 350 use different units but am not sure. You might also need to change the PROM in the engine computer.

Camino - a GM tank unit should go right in your tank without modifications at all. I think the FI unit and the carb unit use the same size hole. They did in my Blazer, which at the time only came in carbureted form. It's just that they're a PITA to service because you need to drop the tank. I also think an in-tank unit might yield a bit more power. My father put TBI in his '83 Silverado years ago, and he started with a Holley unit that mounted externally. Once he got right tanks/pumps/etc, he switched to in-tank pumps and the truck felt a little quicker.

chipawah - If you're putting the 350 in the same car that currently has the 305 with the TBI, you already have everything you need in the car - the baffled tank, the pump, the lines are already there. Cappy is right about the throttle body. You at least probably need to get stock 350 unit, if not an aftermarket one. I think the 305 and 350 use different units but am not sure. You might also need to change the PROM in the engine computer.

Camino - a GM tank unit should go right in your tank without modifications at all. I think the FI unit and the carb unit use the same size hole. They did in my Blazer, which at the time only came in carbureted form. It's just that they're a PITA to service because you need to drop the tank. I also think an in-tank unit might yield a bit more power. My father put TBI in his '83 Silverado years ago, and he started with a Holley unit that mounted externally. Once he got right tanks/pumps/etc, he switched to in-tank pumps and the truck felt a little quicker.

i dont have tbi i have efi and if i just buy a crate motor with out a intake manifold can i just bolt my manifold right up to it where would i put my injectors or would i just bolt the right on at the same time?

You've still got all the correct fuel plumbing, so that's a non-issue. I would think that the EFI manifold would bolt right up to the 350 without issue. You'll still have to get the computer to think that what you have in there is a 350 and not a 305. A PROM change is probably in order, and maybe the fuel injectors. I would go to an auto parts store (autozone.com) and look up replacement injectors for your 305, then a 350 with the same EFI unit, and see if they are the same part number.

This sounds like a cool project, whatever it is, and I'd love to hear more details.

You wouldn't really have to change anything. The intake will bolt right up, the injectors fit into the intake. The only thing that would hinder you is that if you DON'T reprogram the computer, then you'll end up with about the same power as the 305 that you originally had. The difference is in the PCM programming between the two engines. Otherwise, everything will be exactly the same.