2005 Georgian Autoshow (sep 18)

A little late in posting this, but I had computer troubles recently.

Polish Kris and I attended the Georgian Autoshow on September 18th.
Here are some pictures Kris took:

The 06 Toyota Yaris (Echo replacement) was on a pedastal:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The plastic-fantastic new Kia Rio:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Solstice was approachable, yet locked:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hyundai Azera:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Suzuki Grand Vitara:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

who was the twit that put the front licence plate on the Solstice? bad enough it needs it on the street, but not at an auto show. the suzuki makes me thing of some other SUV twins, but just can't see to put my finger on it. this will torrent me for the rest of the day. gas prices get any worse and I might be looking at a four-four..... NOT. Ted, any world premieres up there in Barrie?

Ted, any world premieres up there in Barrie?

[post="23706"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not really, unless you count the Yaris (fist one Iv seen in Canada).
Its a great show to see the really new models before the winter shows.

I was there also because I live about an hour away but I saw all those. The Fusion, New Ram, Cadillac DTS, and the Charger Srt-8 were awesome. The yellow 1970 Boss 429 they had in the Ford booth was awesome. I was really surprised to see the Smart Forfour, Toyota Yaris, and the Mercedes B Class there. It has lost a few automakers over the years. It was alright but the cars were good. The Hyundai Azera was also missing the hyundai badge on the front. I thought that maybe it was on the hood but it wasnt. It is cool how the college students host it but they dont always get things right. It the Daimlerchrysler booth, the guy was scared of me because I kept on proving him wrong about their vehicles.

The Yaris: Good God what an ugly car. The Rio: I actually like in a strange way. The Azera: Did Hyundai hire all of Honda's retired designers? Because all the new Hyundais look like streamlined previous generation Hondas. The Grand Vitara: It looks GOOD (Not surprising given its roots) and has a better motor (GRRRRRRRR) GM: getting slayed by its Japanese affiliates now too. B & R Class: Not attractive at all, in fact weird. Fusion: WOW!!! Hot!!!

It's official: the Fusion is a bland, characterless sedan with pointy headlights and clear-lens taillamps.  Talk about awkward.

[post="23868"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My thoughts as well. It looks rather boring, albeit better proportioned than a Malibu.

...In the Daimlerchrysler booth, the guy was scared of me because I kept on proving him wrong about their vehicles.

[post="23808"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol:
I wore a rep tag around my neck as I walked around, and boy were some students nervous. ^_^