Helps to have the battery connected ... better late than never

My older 4 MCs made their long-awaited 2007 debut today, June 16. This is the LATEST in the year I've "waited" to get them started.

Too bad I'll be waiting a bit longer to drive them.

On the positive side, all 4 of them started virtually perfectly. After checking the oil, the battery, tire pressures, etc., they all started just fine. The '76, however, needed a bit of a boost for the battery; actually, I think it will need a new battery sooner rather than later. And, with the '72, I tried to start the car ... before I had hooked up the battery. For a while, we couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start. Then, the guy who owns the garage happened to look at the battery....oops.

I thought about taking pictures, but all 4 of the older MCs are, sadly, VERY dusty ... and those pics wouldn't have been pretty.... BUT ... they are in MUCH better shape than the 1957 Plymouth that was just unearthed Friday night in Tulsa OK...he heh.

Unfortunately, a brief drive up and down the driveway where they are stored was all they got. I followed the instructions of my insurance agent and called the 24-hr line to make sure they'd be on insurance the same day, since he does not have Saturday office hours. Unfortunately, the 3 representatives I spoke with all said the agent was the only one that could verify that the cars were actually on insurance today. ARG. This is NOT what my agent had told me. Ssssooo...unless I can get a day this week where I can take a half day (with no pay), the older ones won't be driving on the road until at least next weekend ... perhaps longer, if I go out of town the next couple weekends.

*rolls eyes*

At least, with the help of no rain all this past week, the '87 MC LS is STILL shining wonderfully after its wash/wax/cleaning last weekend....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"A concrete fascination scraping the edge of nothing" ... White Zombie ... 'Black Sunshine'

Hmmm ... today, my '87 MC LS went past 150,100.0 miles ... while gettin' dirty (rain and dust don't mix very well) ... he he! But, it's still going strong ;).

"Those windshield wipers slappin out a tempo" ... Eddie Rabbit ... 'Driving My Life Away'

When I went to drive Mom and Dads 1985 Caprice I ended up having to jump it with the Bonneville to get it going. It didnt seem as weird as I thought driving it for the first time since Dad died June 7th. Mom may drive it around town a little bit but I will likely drive it for the most part. I couldnt sell it with how much it meant to my Dad and even myself. We will keep it and I will try my damndest to take care of it the way Dad did though that is a VERY high standard to live up to. I think it may need a new battery and Dad was thinking about an antifreeze flush before he got sick so I may see about that. Other than that it is in nearly perfect shape with 117,000 miles. Cort I believe know what it looks like from some pictures.

*nods*

Yep, I believe you shared pics with me a few years ago of that '85 Caprice. As I recall ... sharp car.

I wondered if you had gotten it out yet.....

"Let freedom ring" ... Martina McBride ... 'Independence Day'

Hey Dodgefan ... no worries ... I understand how schedules are sometimes "thrown off" on roadtrips ;).

And, yes ... I agree ... it DOES give you an excuse for another road trip.

*pauses*

But I ain't relinquishing the title ... as Sixty8 already knows ;). He he

"I'll always be around" ... Willie Nelson ... 'Highwayman'

The first day of summer (June 21) is over ... and the older 4 MCs have still not had their "maiden voyage" for 2007. Ah, but maybe ... just maybe this weekend. Unless I go out of town ... and/or the weather doesn't cooperate....

Hmmm...wonder if I'm still the only one that doesn't have the pleasure cars out to play yet?

"I see the way out and I'm gonna take it" ... Carrie Underwood ... 'Wasted'