Thinking of selling The Riv...

Well I've come to the conclusion that I may need to sell my Riviera. The car is having one problem after naother due to the fact I cannot afford to fix it right now. last night my service engine light came on, and when I hooked up my scanner it pulled 6 codes. the main one is a missfire on cylinder 6. I recently had a miss and had a coil pack and spark plug replaced about a month and a half ago. Now another coil pack seems to have gone. I also need brakes relaly bad and tires. The reason I cannot have the work done is because I've been out of work for 3 months now, and can't contiue to dump my limited funds into it any longer. It is a 1995 Riviera with 91,xxx miles on it...it has a new rebuilt alternator and serpentine belt as of March '07, a tranny flush and service at the same time. But I spent around 700 bucks on the car in March and now the brakes are shot, the tires need to be replaced and this missfire...i can't keep up with it, lacking a source of income. I haven't decided for sure if I'm going to sell it, but if anyone is interested in it, or would like more info on it and what I would be looking for, PM me.

I have money in stocks that I may sell in order to buy something else, or to get my Delta 88 back on the road ( which also needs work to be road ready) I'm really sad about the Riv though, it is a really nice car and was fun to drive before these issues came up. :(

Keep the Delta... dump the Rivi.

XP715 finally listened to reason and sold his "Egg".

Well I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with it, or if I going to keep it. But if no one is interested...which seems ot be the case you can add a '95 to that yard next to the '96.

Edited by Delta Force79

Yes, but your RWD, BOF, V8 powered Olds is WAY cooler.

Well I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with it, or if I going to keep it. But if no one is interested...which seems ot be the case you can add a '95 to that yard next to the '96.

Well, hopefully not the yard..

I love Rivs myself- but I couldn't spend much more than like 500 bucks on a new beater (which could replace the wagon)

and not spend more than a few hundred fixing it up....

So I know how you feel....

Appreciate your honesty....despite the issues with the car now, once those are taken care of it's a really nice, well maintained car. The body is in really good shape, the interior as well. I would probably be looking for around 1,500 to 2 K for it.