Gorgeous day activities

As I saw the forecast for Saturday on Friday night, I realized I had several options to take advantage of the gorgeous weather ... temperatures in the mid-70s with sunny skies:

...wash/wax/clean my '87 MC LS (plan to do that next weekend)

...take my older 4 Monte Carlos out for a drive

...go to a park and walk around

...go for a mini road trip somewhere

...explore Meadowdale International Raceway Park, located at Huntley Rd and IL RT 31, just north of where I live in IL:

http://www.meadowdaleraceway.homestead.com/

...among other things....

The option that won out was driving my older 4 MCs, particularly since I haven't had them out but one time this year, 2 weeks ago. I drove each of them about 35 miles ... in about 55 minutes. It was awesome ... and reminded me how much I really enjoy them.

Course ... one of these days, I really want to explore that Raceway Park, perhaps with a gathering of people ... and find a nice route to go for a long mini-road trip cruise....

So ... what about you? What do you most enjoy doing outside when the weather is incredibly wonderful?

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Sometimes you just get a feeling like you need some kind of change" ... David Pomeranz ... 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now'

Nobody enjoys great weather? I find that hard to believe... hmmm...

OK ... so, what about those of you who love rain? Ya know ... rainy days can be "incredibly wonderful", too....

"I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end" ... James Taylor ... 'Fire and Rain'

*nods*

yes indeed :).

BTW ... where is the Trail of Tears that you mentioned?

it's north of cape girardeau about 15 mins or so on highway 177

when you went through this area, you might've seen something about it...?

OH crud .... I just missed it! Ah, well ... I don't remember seeing signs for it, but I may've ... and just didn't realize it.

I take it you are in that area, too?

Heh ... today started off a bit rough:

My alarm went off at 6am, and not more than 2 minutes later ... BOOOOOOMMMMMM ... SNAP/CRACKLE ... HISSSSSSS.

I sat bolt upright in bed ... realizing everything electric (or so I thought) was off. I scampered out of my room headed up the steps, instinctively turning on the stairway light .... and, wala ... light. So, I turned back into my room ... and flipped some of the circuit breakers and entire house had power again.

Next door neighbor heard it, too. We strongly believe it was a lightning strike between the 2 houses. Neither house looks like it has any damage, BUT....my VCR is no more, as are my stereo speakers. TVs and computers seem to be fine. Go figure.

"Don't say it ain't so, you know the time is now" ... John Fogerty ... 'Centerfield'