Back to the Future - The Ride

I just learned yesterday that the "Back to the Future - The Ride" has closed and is in the process of being demolished in Universal Studios Orlando.... and that the one in Universal Studios Los Angeles is set to close for good in 20 days (September 3). So if you're in CA, a fan of this ride, and want one last chance to ride it, do so before it closes for good on September 3.

And just fyi... the ride that will be built on the BTTF's site in both parks will be a Simpson's ride. I sad and happy at the same time. :unsure:

I just learned yesterday that the "Back to the Future - The Ride" has closed and is in the process of being demolished in Universal Studios Orlando.... and that the one in Universal Studios Los Angeles is set to close for good in 20 days (September 3). So if you're in CA, a fan of this ride, and want one last chance to ride it, do so before it closes for good on September 3.

And just fyi... the ride that will be built on the BTTF's site in both parks will be a Simpson's ride. I sad and happy at the same time. :unsure:

I went on the one in Orlando. It sucked. I like the movie even, and I still thought the ride sucked.

Well, what about the ride did you think "sucked"? I'm a big fan of the movies, and liked the concept and architecture behind the ride, but for what it was worth, the ride was too bumpy/rough and no way in hell could 8 people fit in there comfortably (I'm only 5'9", but I avoided the back seat due to how uncomfortable it was (and if I was sitting on either end, my shoulder would be hit when the doors were closed!). The last time I was on "BTTF - The Ride" in Universal Studios: Orlando was in 2003; I went on the one in Universal Studios: Hollywood last March <2006>. I commented to the people I was with that the ride needed an overhaul and a new timeline; the ride continued with BTTF Part 2's theme of going into the future... "2015"... and that "2015" wasn't that far off into the future anymore... but I would have never thought the ride would close and be replaced. But I guess the lore of the BTTF movies has been lost to the new generation of kids and a more current ride will do better. I will never forget seeing the Orlando ride's big countdown clock to opening back in November of 1990 (ride opened in February, 1991), my first time on it in 1993, subsequent rides in 1996 and 2003 and in Hollywood's version (opened in 1993) in 1997 and 2006. Not my favorite ride, but it ranked up there for my love of the BTTF trilogy.

Well, what about the ride did you think "sucked"? I'm a big fan of the movies, and liked the concept and architecture behind the ride, but for what it was worth, the ride was too bumpy/rough and no way in hell could 8 people fit in there comfortably (I'm only 5'9", but I avoided the back seat due to how uncomfortable it was (and if I was sitting on either end, my shoulder would be hit when the doors were closed!). The last time I was on "BTTF - The Ride" in Universal Studios: Orlando was in 2003; I went on the one in Universal Studios: Hollywood last March <2006>. I commented to the people I was with that the ride needed an overhaul and a new timeline; the ride continued with BTTF Part 2's theme of going into the future... "2015"... and that "2015" wasn't that far off into the future anymore... but I would have never thought the ride would close and be replaced. But I guess the lore of the BTTF movies has been lost to the new generation of kids and a more current ride will do better. I will never forget seeing the Orlando ride's big countdown clock to opening back in November of 1990 (ride opened in February, 1991), my first time on it in 1993, subsequent rides in 1996 and 2003 and in Hollywood's version (opened in 1993) in 1997 and 2006. Not my favorite ride, but it ranked up there for my love of the BTTF trilogy.

I found the screen very hard to see (as did the people with me), and therefore the plot was almost completely lost. All that was left was getting violently bumped around and thrown into the people you're sitting with in something vaguely resembling a DeLorean.