Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Not sure if this is where this thread should go...

9 posts in this topic

Basically, I need to figure out whether or not the Prizm was a base or LSi model. The insurance company is being anal retentive ass monkeys. They say that they got their $1,500 value basing it off the car being a base model because they couldn't find out whether it was an LSi or not. The paperwork I sent them had 4 Prizms for sale, 2 Lsi 2 base models, and two NADA printouts...one of the value of an LSi and one of the base model. The difference is $100 dollars... $2,325 VS $2,425...but they're idiots...how dumb you ask? Today the woman asked if I had a "5 speed manual or a standard transmission?"

I tried calling a few dealers to find out and they couldn't...the only thing I have to go on that indicates it may be an LSi is the fact that is has Cruise Control and the title for the car says PRIZML. Whether or not that's a typo or they ran out of room for "Si" I have no clue (although "Si" wouldn't fit anyway.

Does anyone have any idea how I might be able to find out the trim level of the car? I'd appreciate it greatly if someone could clue me in!

I'm tempted to tell you to check out www.ChevyPrizmEnthusiasts.com, which you'd go to, then tell me, "that site doesn't exist," to which I'd respond, "Exactly."

What's the year again?

Do you know if you have any options that weren't available on the base model?

Funny you should mention that, because shortly after I posted this I thought of that...turns out using edmunds vehicle appraiser (turns out edmunds is good for something after all :P) cruise control was an option only available on LSi models...so there's my ace. :AH-HA_wink:

I'm tempted to tell you to check out www.ChevyPrizmEnthusiasts.com, which you'd go to, then tell me, "that site doesn't exist," to which I'd respond, "Exactly."

What's the year again?

`94, but as BV pointed out, the options list pwnz all. :D

Speaking of Chevy Geo Prizm, every bloody document seems to say:

Make: Chevy

Model: Geo

Model No. Prizm

Uh, does it say "LSi" on the busted up decklid?

Oh, I thought of another way even thought you seem to have it figured out. Do a history check on your VIN. Usually it will have the trim listed.

Base models only had a few options.

LSIs came fully loaded, usually with the only add on were a sunroof and a few other things I can't think of at the moment.......

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room