Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurdueGuy

First Astra Sedan Leaves Polish Production Line

6 posts in this topic

Article: "First (Saturn - Opel) Astra Sedan Leaves Polish Production Line"

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/08/27/059888.html

My beef with this article is, of course, that they called it a Saturn-Opel Astra sedan, but Saturn doesn't get the sedan. Very misleading. Still, it's a good looking car, and Saturn will probably get the next gen version, IMO.

Saturn doesn't get the sedan, yet. The sedan is new, so you never know, it could be added to the lineup later on.

Saturn doesn't get the sedan, yet. The sedan is new, so you never know, it could be added to the lineup later on.

Maybe, but since this gen is a stopgap product, I question whether they would bother with US certification for it until the next gen, when they'll probably make them pretty much all available, as well as more engine choices, etc. I'm having my doubts as to whether we'll get anything more this gen.

It's not a difficult process as far as adding another model to the lineup-engines, powertrain and front body structure are identical, so as long as the Dual-VVT 1.8 (and not the older 125 PS engine) is offered in the sedan it should feasible in a relatively short time, and as the sedan will be around longer than the hatch, so potentially not as much of a stop-gap as the hatch. It will I think depend more on European demand and capacity at Gliwice more than any certification problems.

I suppose they could put the Astra front end on the Cobalt to get an Astra sedan out the door quickly for the US if they had to.. :)

Here are more pics of the 4dr Astra..

4dr Astra article

Posted Image

Edited by moltar

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0