Bumble Bee and F BodFather are to be a Summit Racing in Ohio

hyperv6

Any one in Ohio will have a chance to see the Bumble Bee 09 Camaro Movie car at Summit Racing Equipment in Akron Ohio.

the car will be on display late Friday till mid day Sunday to go with the Camaro show they are having.

Scott Settlemire will be on hand spreading wisdom and facts on the Camaro history past, present and future.

I have seen the other two {orange and silver} cars so it will be nice to see the Movie car. I know my kid will love it.

The movie marketing should not be underestimated as my 6 year old know all about the new Camaro and Solstice. He points out Solstice ever time we pass one. Thsi movie has planted the seed in the young and it is up to GM to keep it going.

Any one in Ohio will have a chance to see the Bumble Bee 09 Camaro Movie car at Summit Racing Equipment in Akron Ohio.

the car will be on display late Friday till mid day Sunday to go with the Camaro show they are having.

Scott Settlemire will be on hand spreading wisdom and facts on the Camaro history past, present and future.

I have seen the other two {orange and silver} cars so it will be nice to see the Movie car. I know my kid will love it.

The movie marketing should not be underestimated as my 6 year old know all about the new Camaro and Solstice. He points out Solstice ever time we pass one. Thsi movie has planted the seed in the young and it is up to GM to keep it going.

Ahhh that's just a 7 hour ride for me. Ahh, I once planted a seed in a young woman once, maybe I can volunteer to do it for GM too! :scratchchin:

The movie marketing should not be underestimated

The only problem is (and yes I saw Transformers, loved it and felt the Camaro looked great in it) that we will be in year 4 of the Camaro before it hits the road. While my enthusiasm does not die for it, the general American public, who can't stay on one topic for more than 2 news cycles, are already looking for the next big thing. To many, the new Camaro is already out (yes I have talked to people who have asked me if I bought a new Camaro yet) and by the time 2qrt 2009 rolls along, it will already need a MCE. Too much exposure for this car. Remember the last Ford Thunderbird? No, me neither.

Ahhh that's just a 7 hour ride for me. Ahh, I once planted a seed in a young woman once, maybe I can volunteer to do it for GM too! :scratchchin:

Once...........? You changed teams?

Sorry, I don't think Scott is not looking for any volunteers.

Edited by hyperv6

The only problem is (and yes I saw Transformers, loved it and felt the Camaro looked great in it) that we will be in year 4 of the Camaro before it hits the road. While my enthusiasm does not die for it, the general American public, who can't stay on one topic for more than 2 news cycles, are already looking for the next big thing. To many, the new Camaro is already out (yes I have talked to people who have asked me if I bought a new Camaro yet) and by the time 2qrt 2009 rolls along, it will already need a MCE. Too much exposure for this car. Remember the last Ford Thunderbird? No, me neither.

My idea was this planted the seed to my son that the cars in the movie were cool and he now knows what this car is [i Noted the Solstice]. He and many other kids in the 12 and under are in ther formative years where they decide what is cool and what is not. Most marketing firms know this and are tageting these group.

That is why GM and Ford both did Tonka show trucks and many Hot wheels are made due to request of MFG. Look at the free Hot Wheels they are giving away in Kellogs cereal right now and all are stock Fords. It is all marketing to win em early.

As for the T bird it failed as it was expensive and had no performance what so ever. It also was not a real luxury car. A Chrysler Sebring did what it could do for half the money. If Ford has stepped up the performance and added more Luxury it would have sold better. Hell for the same price or less you could get a Vette and there is no comparison. Ford needed to target the Vette with the T bird.

You would be suprised outsider most enthusiast circles the Camaro is a great unknown. I have even spoken to many people at Chevy dealers that really know little to nothing about the car. You would think they would at least it is coming and few even knew that.

The Camaro will do well and the performance V6 version will be the key to better sales numbers as it will be cheaper and get better mileage but perform like a 4th gen SS.

Edited by hyperv6