Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flybrian

Vauxhall VXR8 gets supercharger kit

6 posts in this topic

Vauxhall VXR8 Gets Supercharged
Posted Image
Tuesday, September 04, 2007 | Link to Original Article @ Carscoop

Funny ain't it; while Americans are still patiently waiting for the 362 Hp Pontiac G8, on the other side of the Atlantic, the Brits are being offered a supped up version of the HSV! As of this October, Vauxhall will offer a supercharger kit on the option list of the Holden Commodore HSV Clubsport R8 based, VXR8. The addition of the supercharger boosts the 6.0L V8’s output from the standard car’s 412 Hp (307 KW) to a massive 540 Hp while maximum torque is also enhanced by around 30 per cent.

Vauxhall hasn’t released any performance figures but since the standard 412 Hp version with the manual gearbox sprints from 0 to 60 mph in 4,9 seconds we wouldn’t be surprised if it managed a sub 4,5 sec. time. The supercharger can be ordered either as an extra or it can be fitted retrospectively by any of you luck Brits who’ve already parked a VXR8 under your garage. Either way, the cost of the kit is £6995 or $14,100 and it comes with a three-year factory guarantee.

Santa, I've been a VERY VERY good boy this year. Can I please have one of these under my tree?

The also made a Monaro like this, but we never got it here as a GTO. If nothing else, there's no reason there won't be aftermarket superchargers that can be thrown on the G8.

Santa, I've been a VERY VERY good boy this year. Can I please have one of these under my tree?

Santa's Dead! Muuuhahahahahahahahaha! :smilewide:

Posted Image

As long as the next CTS-V has over 600 bhp there should be no problem with this option for the G8.

Santa's Dead! Muuuhahahahahahahahaha! :smilewide:

Posted Image

Oh now THAT is cruel! :nono::cry:

Edited by K.C.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0