Bimmer325

Saw a Monaro Yesterday

8 posts in this topic

Initially thought it was an ordinary GTO until I took a second look. First time I've spotted a Monaro in the states (first time I've seen a Monaro in person, for that matter). Interesting to see, though the Pontiac front-fascia is more attractive and aggressive IMHO. Anyone else ever seen one on our shores?

Initially thought it was an ordinary GTO until I took a second look.  First time I've spotted a Monaro in the states (first time I've seen a Monaro in person, for that matter).  Interesting to see, though the Pontiac front-fascia is more attractive and aggressive IMHO.  Anyone else ever seen one on our shores?

[post="29692"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Werd... I saw a beautiful black GTO today, which is still a rare car around here.

As far as the Monaro, it's possible to convert a GTO into one. Only the bumper shell (which includes the grille), wheels, and badging are different. Was it left hand drive?

From what I've heard, there have been a few bulk orders of Monaro trim pieces from various groups of GTO owners.

Camino wants to get something like this too James. Too bad his PC is screwed up now.

James beat me to it... BTW: nice avatar. :P

Back in '02, I saw 2 Commodores and a Monaro (all RHD with Michigan Mfgr plates) up close in a Borders bookstore parking lot in the Denver area.. all were dark gray with Holden badging..it was pretty cool..probably testing prototypes for the GTO then.

I also agree that the Pontiac GTO's have a Meaner looking front bar to them.. its just more sportier and meaner than our australian monaro.. but hey.. what can ya do?

Hey our version of the monaro by HSV (holden special vehicles)(ironically called GTO) kicks arse in the looks departmentwith.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor