Bimmer325

Saw a Monaro Yesterday

8 posts in this topic

Bimmer325    18
Initially thought it was an ordinary GTO until I took a second look. First time I've spotted a Monaro in the states (first time I've seen a Monaro in person, for that matter). Interesting to see, though the Pontiac front-fascia is more attractive and aggressive IMHO. Anyone else ever seen one on our shores?

pow    106

Initially thought it was an ordinary GTO until I took a second look.  First time I've spotted a Monaro in the states (first time I've seen a Monaro in person, for that matter).  Interesting to see, though the Pontiac front-fascia is more attractive and aggressive IMHO.  Anyone else ever seen one on our shores?

[post="29692"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Werd... I saw a beautiful black GTO today, which is still a rare car around here.

As far as the Monaro, it's possible to convert a GTO into one. Only the bumper shell (which includes the grille), wheels, and badging are different. Was it left hand drive?

James beat me to it... BTW: nice avatar. :P

Back in '02, I saw 2 Commodores and a Monaro (all RHD with Michigan Mfgr plates) up close in a Borders bookstore parking lot in the Denver area.. all were dark gray with Holden badging..it was pretty cool..probably testing prototypes for the GTO then.

I also agree that the Pontiac GTO's have a Meaner looking front bar to them.. its just more sportier and meaner than our australian monaro.. but hey.. what can ya do?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.